Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

My First Few Images For 15 Years

UPINSMOKE
Posted 07/04/2007 - 23:30 Link
Just thought I would post these images to see what you all thought. Have not been out with a camera just to take pictures for a long long time. Still waiting for my new Pentax K100D to arrive. These were taken with my old Minalta Dimage Z1. Can't wait till I can go out with the new gear.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Mannesty
Posted 08/04/2007 - 09:28 Link
Feels good, doesn't it?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
George Lazarette
Posted 08/04/2007 - 10:10 Link
These are rather nice, especially the swan pic. It's difficult to get so much detail in the feathers.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
golfdiesel
Posted 08/04/2007 - 15:22 Link
Wow these images are really great, considering that the lens of the Z1 is not the best piece of glass around (understatement). There is usually a lot of CA with this lens.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
UPINSMOKE
Posted 08/04/2007 - 22:43 Link
Quote:
There is usually a lot of CA with this lens.

If I knew what this meant I could comment. Perhaps one of you chaps could give me a run thought with all abbreviations or a t least the common ones.

After 15 years of no photography to mention I have lost most of my technical know how. But I do not think that matters too much at the moment as I am just enjoying again the fun of getting out and taking the photo's I like. In the hope that a few others also like them as well. If not what the heck. Its me who has to look at them.

I went to London Zoo armed with my little Minolta today, so as soon as I can will post some more pics if I think their worth a look.

Thank you all for you nice comments so far, I thought I was in for a pasting from the critics. It was a nice surprise .
Mannesty
Posted 08/04/2007 - 22:52 Link
In for a pasting? Surely not . . . unless you're PeteKD in disguise

Nice swan, good detail in most of the feathers except the back, which is a little washed out (over-exposed).
UPINSMOKE
Posted 09/04/2007 - 15:06 Link
As promised some more images for you all to give the once over all taken a London Zoo. All had to be taken through glass or wire. So have managed to pick out what I think are the best. All again with my Minolta Z1 so not as flexible as I would like.

But we all have to do our best with the tools we have at the time.

Hoping for the new Pentax to arrive tomorrow.

Comment Image

Vulture taken through wire.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Taken through glass

Comment Image

Taken through glass
Mannesty
Posted 09/04/2007 - 15:41 Link
Use a circular polariser when shooting through glass to eliminate (as much as you can) any reflections from the glass, and/or stand very close to the glass (but keep the glass between you and your subject )

Nice record but not great images, sorry. The lion pose is the best of the bunch but needs more processing to improve contrast etc.

I went to Chester Zoo many years ago. Turned a corner to confront a Jaguar (big black cat, not a car). I obviously startled it because it leapt at the glass/plexiglass and hit it with all 4 feet and about a yard from my face.

Good job I was staying in a hotel and had plenty of spare underwear. I needed it.
UPINSMOKE
Posted 09/04/2007 - 16:19 Link
Quote:
The lion pose is the best of the bunch but needs more processing to improve contrast etc.

Is this any better? not that good at post processing images, the program I use is Coral Photo Paint Select Addition the only one I have at the moment.

Comment Image
justgetoutandride
Posted 09/04/2007 - 19:00 Link
much better!
Please call me aj,

I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)

http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.