Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Motorsport 2016 (some favourites)

Puggy
Posted 07/01/2017 - 00:23 Link
Hi All

Some highlights from the many thousands of clicks this season. Mostly BTCC but a few other meetings I could make it to as well at Brands Hatch.

K3ii with 16-85 / 60-250 / 105 macro

Edited in Camera Raw except No1 which has some blur added in PS

All taken from public areas of the circuits. I'm torn whether to try for media accreditation. I'd love the access but not the pressure to produce.

Tried to keep it fairly light on the panning shots, was going to pick twelve but it turned into twenty one.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Thanks for looking, comments & tips appreciated, still much to learn

Pete A
My Photos link
Me link
Edited by Puggy: 07/01/2017 - 00:48
HarisF1
Posted 07/01/2017 - 00:42 Link
These are absolutely stunning. Amazing work!
All the gear with no idea
petrochemist
Posted 07/01/2017 - 10:08 Link
Wonderful shots Pete. You certain traveled about after the BTTC quite a few circuits represented in your highlights.
Was no 10 at Knockhill? I think I recognise the location but if I'm right it's a bit of the circuit the far side from where I have to work, that I've only visited in the course car a few years back.

My overall favorite is the night shot of Brands.
Mike
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.

.[size=11:].FlickrWPFPanoramio
Puggy
Posted 07/01/2017 - 10:33 Link
petrochemist wrote:

Was no 10 at Knockhill? I think I recognise the location but if I'm right it's a bit of the circuit the far side from where I have to work, that I've only visited in the course car a few years back.

Thanks Mike

Yes that's the exit of the chicane after the cars come down through Dufus Dip, you can get better shots of the cars on two wheels there side on but tends to have a flock of media photographers in the shot which can be distracting.

Been to every round he past two years, first went at end of 2014 season just to see what it was about and fell in love with it.

Pete A
My Photos link
Me link
Northgrain
Posted 07/01/2017 - 10:48 Link
HarisF1 wrote:
These are absolutely stunning. Amazing work!

Just my reaction

Such quality here. Davidtrout's really on to something encouraging us to post collections like his. Just great to see the variety of Photographic styles, and quality of images, of the folk here.
royd63uk
Posted 07/01/2017 - 11:07 Link
I just love number 14
regards
Roy

Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/

my pbase gallery
redbusa99
Posted 07/01/2017 - 12:50 Link
your dedication and skill has given us an excellent view into this class of motorsport, thank you. the night shot is very good and probably rarely seen.
odd lens or 2

Flickr
vic cross
Posted 07/01/2017 - 13:52 Link
A lot of great shots. What I'm really writing about is, you saying you might go for accreditation. What I did a few years ago at Brands and Silverstone was. I applied for a track side pass with a backup letter from one of the teams. This was motorcycle international endurance racing and I new one of the team owners. (My son was their fuel man) The owner wrote a letter asking me to be the official team photographer for two days. I sent a copy of this letter to the track officials with my request for a pass and received my "GO ANYWHERE PASS" in the post with the usual warnings that motor racing is dangerous etc. etc. If you know anyone try it. It may still work.
CHEERS Vic.
PS. I even got to park my car at the team pit parking area at Brands.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Puggy
Posted 07/01/2017 - 15:06 Link
vic cross wrote:
A lot of great shots. What I'm really writing about is, you saying you might go for accreditation. What I did a few years ago at Brands and Silverstone was. I applied for a track side pass with a backup letter from one of the teams. This was motorcycle international endurance racing and I new one of the team owners. (My son was their fuel man) The owner wrote a letter asking me to be the official team photographer for two days. I sent a copy of this letter to the track officials with my request for a pass and received my "GO ANYWHERE PASS" in the post with the usual warnings that motor racing is dangerous etc. etc. If you know anyone try it. It may still work.
CHEERS Vic.
PS. I even got to park my car at the team pit parking area at Brands.

Thanks Vic

These days you need 5 million public liability before you can go trackside but more importantly examples of published work and editors letter. I know there are some folks who get trackside as "Team Photographer" and i'm working on that angle. Just a case of deciding if it's what I want and plucking up the courage to ask!!

Pete A
My Photos link
Me link
LennyBloke
Posted 07/01/2017 - 18:32 Link
This is really a superb set with such variety and quality from someone who is clearly a true enthusiast. There are a few Motor Sport fans who post on here that break the mould of the repetitive classic record shots - you are clearly in this group.
LennyBloke
carmagw
Posted 07/01/2017 - 18:49 Link
Fabulous set Pete, liking the mix of shots. Cannot pick a fav, too many !

Regards

George
cardiffgareth
Posted 07/01/2017 - 22:23 Link
1, 7, 9, 10, 13 ....... damn it! Too many stunning images to list! A super super set

No.20 - Front wheel lock up?
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Puggy
Posted 07/01/2017 - 23:32 Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
No.20 - Front wheel lock up?

Thanks Gareth

No20 was the result of pushing a little too hard in qualifying through the Complex at Croft. Corrected it like a boss though, unlike a couple of the other drivers ;P

Pete A
My Photos link
Me link
davidtrout
Posted 07/01/2017 - 23:35 Link
One subject but such a wide variety of ways in which to tackle it. 21 pictures of cars or motor bikes whizzing round and round a track could get a bit tedious no matter how good the images but you've looked at this in so many different ways to make it really entertaining.
David
stub
Posted 07/01/2017 - 23:58 Link
Lovely set. Enjoyed them... No2 a bit soft on the eyes for my liking..But I can see why you would point the camera... Well done, great images great memories..
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.