Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Missing 645 viewfinder end

Jonathan-Mac
Posted 19/05/2021 - 18:34 Link
Hi all,

I while ago I realised that my 645 has lost the end of it's viewfinder. I honestly don't remember what it was, but I think a simple rubber end cap. Lacking it doesn't cause any problems in using the camera but it would be nice to have, especially as I wear glasses and am wary of anything that might risk scratching them.

Does anyone know if there's a reference for the part or where I might find a suitable replacement?

Many thanks

Comment Image

Lost the rubber ring around the viewfinder of my Pentax 645
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Edited by Jonathan-Mac: 19/05/2021 - 18:35
johnha
Posted 19/05/2021 - 21:16 Link
Hi Jonathan, it's a threaded metal ring, possibly with a rubber ring outside (or the rubber might be the small eyecup around the ring?). Assuming its the same as the 645n (and therefore 645D/Z), it is how finder accessories like the refconverter are attached. You unscrew the ring and screw the accessory onto the thread shown in your photo.

Edit: It may be this part, but I'd check it includes the threaded ring and will fit a 645:
https://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/dpt/camera-manufacturer-accessories/pentax-645...
Edited by johnha: 19/05/2021 - 21:35
Posted 20/05/2021 - 21:00 Link
Hi
You lost the entire eyepiece part. You are showing just the bare attachment point for eyepieces. As you wear glasses I would check eBay for the large eyecup. It is a large fairly flat eyecup attachment that is great if you wear glasses
johnha
Posted 20/05/2021 - 21:39 Link
denverclassic wrote:
Hi
You lost the entire eyepiece part. You are showing just the bare attachment point for eyepieces. As you wear glasses I would check eBay for the large eyecup. It is a large fairly flat eyecup attachment that is great if you wear glasses

On the 645D/Z the large eyecup attaches to the small eyecup (the part I linked above), it doesn't have its own thread. I assume the 645 is similar if not the same.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.