Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Metz 44 AF-1 and a K 50

coxie61
Posted 08/10/2015 - 13:07 Link
Ok I really have gone through all the forums to see if anyone else has the same problem, but no. When I use this flash gun, the only way it takes photos correctly is by setting the speed to 60th of a second. If I let it go on programme then my pictures appear to be blurred as its shooting as low as 1 second on flash. Any one any suggestions or ideas if I have an issue.... or is it just me. I've gone through the Metz user guide, and the Pentax one but they were not really of any help.
MHOL190246
Posted 08/10/2015 - 15:13 - Helpful Comment Link
I have just googled issues with Metz 44 AF-1 it would seem that other users (albeit non pentax owners) have experienced similar problems to you. One suggestion, which might help is, that the pins on the Metz are not making good contact with your hotshoe. Another suggested a Firmware update?
coxie61
Posted 08/10/2015 - 15:24 Link
Cheers MHOL190246 - I'd seen people had technical issues, but was not looking at other brands. Those Pentax users seemed to be OK.

The firmware is up to date, there has not been an update since it was launched (That I can find for Pentax) the Metz sight is not one of the easiest to follow, there was a page error, and it returned me to the german homepage! I have cleaned the pins as its obvious at times there is an issue. Thanks a lot for your reply, it is very much appreciated.
Nakedgun
Posted 16/10/2015 - 04:07 Link
I have the Metz 44 also, and it functions fine on my K-5, but I'm no expert, certainly.
Sorry I cannot offer any solution.
- David

"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
richandfleur
Posted 16/10/2015 - 05:46 Link
I may be way off, and this certainly wont help, but I do recall an issue around firmwares impacting Pentax, with what I thought were Metz units.
Nakedgun
Posted 16/10/2015 - 18:35 Link
Just tried my Metz 44 on the wife's K-50 and it works at all shutter speeds in manual, and at the camera-selected settings in green mode.
Perhaps your unit is defective? Can you borrow someone else's dslr?
- David

Nakedgun
Posted 11/11/2015 - 04:37 Link
Wonder what happened with the OP?
- David

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.