Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Medical issue solved at last

pschlute
Posted 26/03/2020 - 20:35 Link
Many of you expressed concern and offered support when I mentioned the reason I have not been posting photos much of late was because of a hitherto undiagnosed health problem. This has dogged me since last summer.

Well at the end of January after many 'oscopies; ultrasounds; x-rays;and scans, I finally found out what the issue was.

My pancreas is not producing enzymes required to digest food properly. I still need further scans to establish exactly why, but there is a simple medication which I have just now started which is enzyme replacement therapy. It cannot cure the underlying problem, but it will get my digestive system back on track. I will have to take these with every meal for life, but I can deal with that and hopefully get back to normal very soon.

Just need to dodge this bloody virus now !!
LennyBloke
Posted 26/03/2020 - 20:46 - Helpful Comment Link
Glad you've got to the point where you can deal with it Peter - must be a relief to know what's going on!

Like you say - dodge the virus, build yourself back up, and start shooting - all the best John
LennyBloke
pschlute
Posted 26/03/2020 - 21:02 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Glad you've got to the point where you can deal with it Peter - must be a relief to know what's going on!

Much appreciated John. Yes the worst part was not knowing, and the tendency of many professionals to blame it on the IBS catch-all. In the end it was my dietician who suggested the specific test which showed what the problem actually was. Once I get the dosing correct, I should be back to normal and have the energy again to pick up the K1
K10D
Posted 26/03/2020 - 21:10 - Helpful Comment Link
Wishing you steady progress Peter.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
pschlute
Posted 26/03/2020 - 21:22 Link
K10D wrote:
Wishing you steady progress Peter.

Best regards

Thank you.
Sry
Posted 26/03/2020 - 21:52 - Helpful Comment Link
Glad to hear the ailment can be dealt with, Peter, albeit through long-term medication. Wishing you better spirits as well.
pschlute
Posted 26/03/2020 - 22:20 Link
Sry wrote:
Glad to hear the ailment can be dealt with, Peter, albeit through long-term medication. Wishing you better spirits as well.

Thank you. I was actually over the moon to get the diagnosis so I can move forward.
Edited by pschlute: 26/03/2020 - 22:21
johnriley
Posted 26/03/2020 - 22:43 - Helpful Comment Link
Glad to hear you know what's amiss and there is suitable treatment. Hope it kicks in soon and you feel much better.
Best regards, John
pschlute
Posted 26/03/2020 - 23:37 Link
johnriley wrote:
Glad to hear you know what's amiss and there is suitable treatment. Hope it kicks in soon and you feel much better.

Thank you John
Nigelk
Posted 27/03/2020 - 10:10 - Helpful Comment Link
Very pleased to hear that with perseverance you got to the bottom of the problem. Get well soon and get back posting
Benz3ne
Posted 27/03/2020 - 10:16 - Helpful Comment Link
Good news insofar as you know where you stand and how to approach it!
Hope the ‘supplements’ help going forwards and that you’re more comfortable in yourself.
Stay safe!
walkeja
Posted 27/03/2020 - 11:13 - Helpful Comment Link
Creon by any chance?
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Posted 27/03/2020 - 11:40 - Helpful Comment Link
Glad to hear you've got to the root of it Peter... wishing you all the best...
HarisF1
Posted 27/03/2020 - 12:24 - Helpful Comment Link
Glad to hear you're on the recovery trail Peter

Keep safe and well
All the gear with no idea
pschlute
Posted 27/03/2020 - 13:34 Link
walkeja wrote:
Creon by any chance?

Yes indeed. I had never heard of it before.

Thank you all for your wishes

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.