Maynooth Ireland today
Posted 24/09/2014 - 19:49
Link
like the last one
Looks a great place indeed
Looks a great place indeed
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.
Check out ones photographs on Flickr!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Check out ones photographs on Flickr!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Posted 24/09/2014 - 20:13
Link
A nice, sharp, clear set of pictures. A little lens correction to sort out the verticals and they'd be perfect.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 24/09/2014 - 20:47
Link
Nice shots, but the fourth one really stands out. It conveys a certain 'feel' and works well as a documentary image of the building and a great shot in its own right.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 24/09/2014 - 21:30
Link
Thanks for the comments on the last one - I was doubtful about it on the smallish screen [13 ins] on the Laptop . It would be nice to go back and see what else I can get sometime . I'm told the Chapel there is simply superb - but we couldn't get in
I've a feeling that these may be heading to FB to show people where our Seminarian is studying.
I've a feeling that these may be heading to FB to show people where our Seminarian is studying.
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 25/09/2014 - 00:26
Link
A pretty accurate capture of maynooth, super shots.
Derek
Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 25/09/2014 - 06:59
Link
Wow, I remember visiting there many years ago, before I got into photography so I have no photos.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Posted 25/09/2014 - 11:00
Link
Nice place. The Virginia Creeper needs trimming
I really like the corridor shot. Camera position is perfect.
--
I really like the corridor shot. Camera position is perfect.
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 25/09/2014 - 13:50
Link
Thanks for the comments on the Cloisters shot - the more I look at it and see it , the more I'm stunned by how well it has worked.
When I was doing the PP on it [ Aperture] I hadn't realised just how well I"d captured the Portraits - I'd gone to try and get the shot with a few figures just to get the impression of the length and scale of the 'walk way' , but I didn't want it filled with hungry students flocking to the refectory to feed
Algi - that creeper - you ain't seen nuffin - it's everywhere there and eventually all the buildings will be covered by it
When I was doing the PP on it [ Aperture] I hadn't realised just how well I"d captured the Portraits - I'd gone to try and get the shot with a few figures just to get the impression of the length and scale of the 'walk way' , but I didn't want it filled with hungry students flocking to the refectory to feed
Algi - that creeper - you ain't seen nuffin - it's everywhere there and eventually all the buildings will be covered by it
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 25/09/2014 - 16:21
Link
Another from yesterday - taken in our Church in Dublin . I'm still not 100% convinced I have this level . I ~think~ the small table behind the candle stand is - but is the rest ? Or of course was it built slightly askew ?
Can't get over just how sharp this lens is - again with the K30 and 18-135

Can't get over just how sharp this lens is - again with the K30 and 18-135

let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 25/09/2014 - 16:51
Link
According to LR it needs to go 0.7 degrees clockwise
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 25/09/2014 - 16:59
Link
bforbes wrote:
According to LR it needs to go 0.7 degrees clockwise
Ireland once sank on one side by 0.7 degrees so thatAccording to LR it needs to go 0.7 degrees clockwise
makes it plumb
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 25/09/2014 - 23:06
Link
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



4141 posts
16 years
Glasgow
All taken with the K30 and the 18-135 lens - the weather changed from dark cloud and chilly , to a bit of sun , to warm , and back again every few minutes. Most strange.
That BTW is only one part of one of the Universities Gorgeous place
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs