Maybe light at the end of the tunnel?

K10D

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 03:41
Patience is a virtue.

link

Don't buy a K5 II/IIs just yet, start saving for two new bodies.

Best regards

michaelblue

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 05:10
We've heard this all before.
I'll believe it when it happens.

Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

Smeggypants

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 05:29
"Pentax working on a new professional APS-C based camera"

Did anyone seriously think they wasn't ?

[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Last Edited by Smeggypants on 25/04/2013 - 05:29

johnwhit

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 07:21
I hope they don't go down the 24MP APS-c route, I'd be quite happy with 16MP and more sophisticated AF. But 24MP full frame, I could live with that, most of my lenses are full frame, unfortunately the cost is likely to be prohibitive.

Might I end up regretting the sale of my 28-105 zoom?

Jonn
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

Russ

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 07:53
I like the fact Pentax have never got caught up in the gimmick war or huge pixel counts. I'd even be happy if they gave up on the movie mode. Only shot one movie in 2 years and everyone i know is the same. Basically tried it once to make sure it works, never touched it again.
A Nikon rivalling AF system would be cool though.
Last Edited by Russ on 25/04/2013 - 07:54

percy

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 08:19
I agree about losing the movie mode. I've always thought it could be useful, and I suppose it's nice to know it's there. Maybe one day I'll find a reason to use it, but in the last 3 years that I've had that capability I have never once used it - not even as a test.
I bought my camera for stills photography, and would prefer other features related to that . . . . although apart from tethering and just an ongoing refinement of existing features I'm not sure what else I would want from my Pentax.

johnriley

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 08:44
I think it's a shame that it seems to be thought of as "light at the end of the tunnel", which implies at last emerging from dark and dismal days.

In fact, the Pentax range is very attractive and there are lots of interesting and desirable products that work well, are made well and sell at sometimes very reasonable to sometimes very high prices, depending on what we're looking at.

I don't feel this terrible yearning for this light. I'm too busy using the kit that's currently available and which does the job exactly right. Still, we're entitled to yearn as well, so...look into the light....you never know.
Best regards, John

Russ

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 08:55
Wouldn't mind if Pentax wanted to release a reasonably priced 80-400 zoom. I could really do with one of those. But it would need to be coupled with the Nikon rivalling AF system and a decent AF motor in the lens itself. And all for 700 new ....... not asking for much

Algernon

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 09:00
I've heard that they are also working on a new lens!

This is more interesting link

'
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 11:04
Pentax girls through and through Algi

johnwhit

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 11:06
Algernon wrote:
I've heard that they are also working on a new lens!

This is more interesting link

'

For a moment I thought we were going to see the 1.4x SDM converter.

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

fritzthedog

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 11:50
johnriley wrote:
I think it's a shame that it seems to be thought of as "light at the end of the tunnel", which implies at last emerging from dark and dismal days.

In fact, the Pentax range is very attractive and there are lots of interesting and desirable products that work well, are made well and sell at sometimes very reasonable to sometimes very high prices, depending on what we're looking at.

I don't feel this terrible yearning for this light. I'm too busy using the kit that's currently available and which does the job exactly right. Still, we're entitled to yearn as well, so...look into the light....you never know.

My thoughts exactly - if Pentax did not release a new camera for the next couple of years - I may reach the point when I start to think I have fully mastered those I already own....but then again maybe not and as for lenses - if I really put my mind to it and created a shopping list from those currently available - it would be years before I run out of the "just one more" I need

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

michaelblue

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 12:11
The only improvement I'd like to see on the next range of Pentax DSLR's is THE AUTOFOCUS/TRACKING! Then.....Pentax would be up there with (or above) the likes of Nikon, and certainly Canon and Sony.
To me, Canon cameras (apart from the pro models) have always felt cheap and 'Plasticy' compared to Pentax.
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

cabstar

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 12:18
Im very very happy with my k-5 mkii, improvements?

Faster processor
Faster card write speeds
Dual card slots
Keep the k-5 body, its a brilliant piece of ergonomic design.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 12:32
johnwhit wrote:
[

For a moment I thought we were going to see the 1.4x SDM converter.

John

Truly a mythical beast.

I'm happy with my K-5 II. I shan't be replacing it in a hurry, if at all.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.