Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Maybe a possibility for The newer Pentax Dslr's

Steppy
Posted 08/02/2017 - 17:13 Link
Comment Image

Taken off my Facebook feed today. This is what Sigma are advertising, so "Mount conversion service" may include Pentax. May be old news, but i'm new on here 😂
Mike-P
Posted 08/02/2017 - 17:42 Link
Sigma will only convert a lens to another mount if they already make it in that mount to begin with.
RobL
Posted 08/02/2017 - 18:15 Link
I don't know whether the K-mount is included in the conversion service; the other mounts are much easier to swap as they are all electronic, but the Pentax version needs further internal changes.
Mike-P
Posted 08/02/2017 - 18:19 - Helpful Comment Link
LINK

Quote:
* It is not possible to convert a lens to a mount that SIGMA has not released. Interchangeable lenses for SLR / DSLR cameras (DC / DG lens) are eligible for conversion to the following mount system.
SIGMA, SONY, NIKON, PENTAX, CANON

RobL
Posted 08/02/2017 - 21:10 Link
Thanks Mike-P for helping clear the matter up.
dcweather
Posted 28/02/2017 - 21:36 Link
I thought I read somewhere that, for example you could change , say, a 150-500mm from Nikon to Pentax as that mount was made for that lens. But not a 150-600mm (new) Nikon to a Pentax mount because that lens has never been made in a Pentax mount. I could be wrong but that was my understanding.
richandfleur
Posted 28/02/2017 - 22:14 Link
* It is not possible to convert a lens to a mount that SIGMA has not released.

Presumably means (to clarify further) it's not possible to convert a lens to a mount other than that for which the lens has already been released in.

And therein lies the problem, given Sigma and many others are no longer making new lenses in the Pentax mount.
(And as an aside, when they do, they strip the image stabilisation out also, which is limiting for video, where Pentax don't use the real sensor shift either.)

Assuming the bodies were the same though, it does make you wonder if you could take on the lens conversion yourself, if you could get ahold of the parts.
Good post, gets one thinking

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.