Manual focus only DA* 60-250mm f4 - 239


cardiffgareth

Link Posted 29/01/2021 - 16:18
Manual focus only which is you shoot landscapes nad prefer to manual focus off a zoomed screen on live view isn't an issue

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/pentax...
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

pgweber

Link Posted 29/01/2021 - 18:03
cardiffgareth wrote:
Manual focus only which is you shoot landscapes nad prefer to manual focus off a zoomed screen on live view isn't an issue

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/pentax...

I know what point you are making, but isn't 60 mm a bit long for landscapes?
Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 29/01/2021 - 18:19
No way! I shoot up to 250mm for my landscapes
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

pschlute

Link Posted 29/01/2021 - 20:45
pgweber wrote:

I know what point you are making, but isn't 60 mm a bit long for landscapes?

It all depends on the scope of your 'scape.

Have shot plenty of landscapes with a 300mm
Peter



My Flickr page

HarisF1

Link Posted 29/01/2021 - 22:00
Ooof, probably too expensive to have a play with. I'd love to have a go at fixing it otherwise.

Mike-P

Link Posted 30/01/2021 - 09:49
No hood either so that's an extra 50 probably.

Not sure it's the SDM though, the lens normally stops focusing completely doesn't it? I reckon this has had a knock or similar while closed at 60mm.
. My Flickr

walkeja

Link Posted 30/01/2021 - 10:16
pgweber wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:
Manual focus only which is you shoot landscapes nad prefer to manual focus off a zoomed screen on live view isn't an issue

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/pentax...

I know what point you are making, but isn't 60 mm a bit long for landscapes?

Any lens can be used to shoot a landscape!
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.