Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Madingley American Cemetery Cambridge

Blincodave
Posted 10/01/2013 - 21:41 Link
Taken on a very bleak January day. A very moving place.

Comment Image
Edited by Blincodave: 10/01/2013 - 21:49
womble
Posted 10/01/2013 - 22:21 Link
A very sobering photograph. I've never been there, I should visit some day.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
bforbes
Posted 10/01/2013 - 23:04 Link
I've been to some Commonwealth War Grave Cemetery's from WW1 and WW2, they are all very sobering places. I think the photograph shows the magnitude of the sacrifices made.
damperman
Posted 11/01/2013 - 09:18 Link
I went to the cemetery in october and have the same picture as posted, only difference, the trees were in full leaf and the colours were exceptional. A truly moving experience.
CoDa
Posted 12/01/2013 - 15:19 Link
I have a similar shot, but drove by last weekend and there appears to be some sort of work being carried out and the car park was shut.

Not sure what is happening there but all the entrances had boards over to stop people going in.
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Comment Image
Edited by CoDa: 12/01/2013 - 15:19
DOIK
Posted 12/01/2013 - 15:33 Link
LINK

Construction of a new visitor centre.

John
Stuey
Posted 12/01/2013 - 15:56 Link
If only the world spent less on weapons and war and more on medical advances, feeding the hungry, photography etc etc were might we be now :

I tend not to visit places like this as I only end angry at how stupid people can be

By stupid I mean those who send these people to an almost inevitable grave not the brave souls who fill the graves
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Edited by Stuey: 12/01/2013 - 15:57
pmcquail
Posted 13/01/2013 - 12:29 Link
Quote:
I have a similar shot, but drove by last weekend and there appears to be some sort of work being carried out and the car park was shut.

Was over there yesterday. The bottom car park on the Madingley road appeared to be open so I presume there is access to the main part of the cemetery and memorial.
K5, K200d (IR @ 720NM), X-5
Blincodave
Posted 15/01/2013 - 19:43 Link
pmcquail wrote:
Quote:

Was over there yesterday. The bottom car park on the Madingley road appeared to be open so I presume there is access to the main part of the cemetery and memorial.

Yes access is as normal from the bottom car park for several months whilst the visitor centre is finished.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.