LX with old Kodak High Speed Infra-Red film

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 21/06/2020 - 19:01
I had a trip out into the Wide, Wide World for the first time since i came home from Hospital 2 weeks ago -- we went to Central Park CHELMSFORD Essex for a 'Family Socially Distanced' Picnic -- I took my Asahi Pentax LX with the 'Sticky Mirror Syndrome' which I have not used for a long time, loaded with 1997 dated Kodak High Speed Infra-Red Film found in my Freezer . I used 2 lenses. SMC Pentax-A 24mm f2.8 and SMC Pentax-M 50mm f1.7 and a 25A RED Filter. I had done a short length TEST in the garden before going to Chelmsford. I corrected the exposure and increased Development time . I used my Home-Made FX-15 ( Acutol-S Formula) 1+1 for 14 mins @ 20oC

InfraRed Set Up by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

InfraRed Test 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

InfraRed Test 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

InfraRed Test 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

InfraRed Test 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

InfraRed Test 08 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

InfraRed Test 09 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

InfraRed Test 10 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

K10D

Link Posted 21/06/2020 - 20:47
Wonderful stuff. Real photo's from a real camera plus the art of good IR technique from darkroom to print.

Best regards

HarisF1

Link Posted 21/06/2020 - 22:28
These are beautiful images and the effort and care really shows.
All the gear with no idea

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 22/06/2020 - 12:13
thanks Folks ! This Old Bloke has not Lost His Touch only HAIR ! Ha ha !
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

ronniemac

Link Posted 22/06/2020 - 17:16
Very likeable photos Peter, you certainly haven't lost your touch.

Good to know you're safe out of hospital!

R

womble

Link Posted 22/06/2020 - 22:13
Great stuff. Welcome back Peter.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

johnriley

Link Posted 22/06/2020 - 23:52
That's a great set of images.
Best regards, John

pschlute

Link Posted 23/06/2020 - 07:10
Nice stuff Peter. Now what I want to know is what was hiding the 1997 film in your freezer ? A 1998 pack of Bird's eye peas ?
Peter

My Flickr page

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 23/06/2020 - 11:54
I have a small 'Stash' in my Freezer given to me years ago by a Studio Photographer who came to my Club and asked 'Does anyone here still use FILM ? " so of course i piped up " YES, but mine is all outdated" --- " Oh if you like outdated Film come to my Studio as I want to make room in my Fridge for my BEER" he replied -- so I rushed there and he took me into his darkroom and opened a fridge and filled a carrier bag with packs of 120 and 35mm FILM including the Infra Red and PANATOMIC -X dated 1989 , bulk E6 and lots more !
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.