Loving my Pentax K200D
Posted 11/04/2024 - 10:32
Link
Welcome back in to brotherhood of loonies!!
Loving your photos as well!
I absolutely adore my Pentax kit! K3, K5ii, K-S2, and an IR K20d. My next target is the K3 Monochrome. Just meed to wait for the prices to drop, then find a used one!
I also have two Canon DSLR's. An astro modded 600D and a 5D MkII - both only used for astrophotography. Unfortunately Pentax is a nightmare to get them working, or they just don't work, with software I use to plan and align an astro shoot. I find this really frustrating, and annoying, as for me - my Pentax colour cameras shoot better images and feel they're hugely better quality. Oh.... and theyre weather proofed and work in lower temperatures too!
I am planning an astro shoot with my K-S2, but aligning it with either my guide kit, or a Canon then swapping it out for my K-S2. I hope it works
Just need the bloody weather to stop being crap!!!
Loving your photos as well!
I absolutely adore my Pentax kit! K3, K5ii, K-S2, and an IR K20d. My next target is the K3 Monochrome. Just meed to wait for the prices to drop, then find a used one!
I also have two Canon DSLR's. An astro modded 600D and a 5D MkII - both only used for astrophotography. Unfortunately Pentax is a nightmare to get them working, or they just don't work, with software I use to plan and align an astro shoot. I find this really frustrating, and annoying, as for me - my Pentax colour cameras shoot better images and feel they're hugely better quality. Oh.... and theyre weather proofed and work in lower temperatures too!
I am planning an astro shoot with my K-S2, but aligning it with either my guide kit, or a Canon then swapping it out for my K-S2. I hope it works
Just need the bloody weather to stop being crap!!!
Posted 11/04/2024 - 11:22
Link
Spad wrote:
Welcome back in to brotherhood of loonies!!
Loving your photos as well!
I absolutely adore my Pentax kit! K3, K5ii, K-S2, and an IR K20d. My next target is the K3 Monochrome. Just meed to wait for the prices to drop, then find a used one!
I also have two Canon DSLR's. An astro modded 600D and a 5D MkII - both only used for astrophotography. Unfortunately Pentax is a nightmare to get them working, or they just don't work, with software I use to plan and align an astro shoot. I find this really frustrating, and annoying, as for me - my Pentax colour cameras shoot better images and feel they're hugely better quality. Oh.... and theyre weather proofed and work in lower temperatures too!
I am planning an astro shoot with my K-S2, but aligning it with either my guide kit, or a Canon then swapping it out for my K-S2. I hope it works
Just need the bloody weather to stop being crap!!!
Well thank you for your welcome, I am here to stay this time. I live down in Devizes, Wiltshire and the weather this year has been so wet, I really feel sorry for the local farmers whose crops have been decimated.
Welcome back in to brotherhood of loonies!!
Loving your photos as well!
I absolutely adore my Pentax kit! K3, K5ii, K-S2, and an IR K20d. My next target is the K3 Monochrome. Just meed to wait for the prices to drop, then find a used one!
I also have two Canon DSLR's. An astro modded 600D and a 5D MkII - both only used for astrophotography. Unfortunately Pentax is a nightmare to get them working, or they just don't work, with software I use to plan and align an astro shoot. I find this really frustrating, and annoying, as for me - my Pentax colour cameras shoot better images and feel they're hugely better quality. Oh.... and theyre weather proofed and work in lower temperatures too!
I am planning an astro shoot with my K-S2, but aligning it with either my guide kit, or a Canon then swapping it out for my K-S2. I hope it works
Just need the bloody weather to stop being crap!!!
Posted 11/04/2024 - 11:35
Link
Welcome back from me too.
Your write up makes for a interesting read, great to hear of your love for the brand and OVF
Your write up makes for a interesting read, great to hear of your love for the brand and OVF
Adapting Pentax-M Series Lenses
Posted 11/04/2024 - 13:12
Link
And welcome back to the fold from me, too. But ignore Spad's 'brotherhood of loonies', we're the sane ones, it's the rest of the world that's gone crazy .
Steve
Steve
Posted 11/04/2024 - 14:06
Link
Once a Pentaxian, always a Pentaxian (at heart) - Welcome back, looking forward to more of your photos
LennyBloke
Posted 11/04/2024 - 16:53
Link
rick wrote:
Welcome back from me too.
Your write up makes for a interesting read, great to hear of your love for the brand and OVF
Thank you Rick
Welcome back from me too.
Your write up makes for a interesting read, great to hear of your love for the brand and OVF
Posted 11/04/2024 - 16:54
Link
Lubbyman wrote:
And welcome back to the fold from me, too. But ignore Spad's 'brotherhood of loonies', we're the sane ones, it's the rest of the world that's gone crazy .
Steve
Your not wrong there Steve, it's the rest of them alright
And welcome back to the fold from me, too. But ignore Spad's 'brotherhood of loonies', we're the sane ones, it's the rest of the world that's gone crazy .
Steve
Posted 11/04/2024 - 16:56
Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Once a Pentaxian, always a Pentaxian (at heart) - Welcome back, looking forward to more of your photos
Yes you are right there LennyBloke because I have come back to Pentax several times over the years, there is just something about their camera's that is absolute magic.
Once a Pentaxian, always a Pentaxian (at heart) - Welcome back, looking forward to more of your photos
Posted 11/04/2024 - 16:57
Link
johnriley wrote:
Welcome back! Enjoy the rediscovery of Pentax!
Thank you for the welcome John
Welcome back! Enjoy the rediscovery of Pentax!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


116 posts
5 years
I have recently downsized all my mirrorless camera gear, down to a old but amazing Olympus Stylus 1, a brilliant little camera great to slip into a coat pocket and with it's 28-300mm f2.8 zoom, covers most situations. But I went out the other day with my K200D and fell in love again with my Pentax and the beauty of a OVF, plus of course the wonderful images from the 10mp CCD sensor. I sold all my previous Pentax bodies, K7, K3 and I even had a KP at one time and I deeply regret selling that. I keep getting drawn back to a DSLR, I only have a 18-55mm WR lens and a few old Pentax MF lenses at the moment but I have just bought a 50-200mm WR lens off E-Bay to make a nice twin lens set for my K200D, which I took out in the rain the other day and did not have to worry about it getting wet. I am due to get my state pension next January and I have decided that I am going to treat myself to another Pentax DSLR, not sure which one yet, maybe another KP or perhaps the newer K3iii? Anyway, I am back in the Pentax fold and feeling very happy about it, here are a few of my photos.