Look what I pulled out of the border.

RobL

Link Posted 30/04/2022 - 19:58
A conker sprouting forth as a Horse Chestnut , not what I want near the house so I impaled it onto a black card and focus stacked it with 17 exposures using Helicon Focus. Well it is a bank holiday and the roads are heaving!

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 30/04/2022 - 20:18
Well caught! Great image.
Be well, stay safe.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 30/04/2022 - 22:22
Excellent picture!! And a good use of a Bank Holiday weekend, says I who once failed to remove a conker in time.

Many years ago, one of my (young at the time) children dug a hole near the pond, emptied a large bag full of conkers into it and covered them with soil. I eventually managed to remove them - except for one. It grew furiously. Several attempts to remove it (without damaging the pond) failed. So it now gets cut back (coppiced?) every couple of years to stop it turning into a big tree. At least it's only threatening the pond, not the house...

Steve

OldTaffy

Link Posted 01/05/2022 - 13:22
That's a lovely photo! Fortunately we don't get conkers/horsechestnuts in our garden, but we do get little walnut trees popping up, from the fruit of the big trees next door. The rooks all gather when they are ripening, and drop a few here and there.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 02/05/2022 - 09:17
Really like this. Against the black its more a form of art than a record of new life
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.