London New Year's Day Parade

GivingTree

Link Posted 29/12/2008 - 22:01
Anyone seen those silly American cheerleaders in the New Years Day Parade? Scores of them have been performing every year for at least 16 years now.

How do I know?

16 years ago, I was one of those silly cheerleaders waving my pompons and dancing my way down the streets of London to "Can't Buy Me Love" by the Beatles. Trip of a lifetime!!

Thanks, London! for hosting these girls every year, and for memories every Jan 1.

Haven't seen this show? You can find some clips on YouTube, or better yet, make your way to London this New Years Day and see lots of very cold girls in short skirts and big smiles!

(for our Australian friends - I'll put in a word for Sydney, 2010. I don't have much pull, though, sorry)
"Just put your eye to the camera and push the button-thingy."
Flickr page:
link

iceblinker

Link Posted 29/12/2008 - 22:52
I have been before. The only thing that might put me off this year is the cold. I don't jump around like the cheerleaders to keep warm!
~Pete

hefty1

Link Posted 29/12/2008 - 23:47
I don't envy them this year, there's snow and sleet forecast for January 1st.
Joining the Q

iceblinker

Link Posted 01/01/2009 - 18:17
The cheerleaders were taller this year, and a bit purple!............

~Pete
Last Edited by iceblinker on 01/01/2009 - 18:18

GivingTree

Link Posted 01/01/2009 - 18:48

"Just put your eye to the camera and push the button-thingy."
Flickr page:
link

fatspider

Link Posted 01/01/2009 - 22:14
Its laughable really, there was Ken Livingstone trying to stop what he deemed to be pervy photographers from using cameras in a bid to protect children from Peadophiles, yet every year London decide they will allow a host of scantilly clad young women onto the streets, how many pervs is that going to attract
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Clarky

Link Posted 01/01/2009 - 22:36
GivingTree wrote:

(for our Australian friends - I'll put in a word for Sydney, 2010. I don't have much pull, though, sorry)

Thats ok don't go out of your way on our account.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|

George Lazarette

Link Posted 01/01/2009 - 22:53
impotentspider wrote:
Its laughable really, there was Ken Livingstone trying to stop what he deemed to be pervy photographers from using cameras in a bid to protect children from Peadophiles, yet every year London decide they will allow a host of scantilly clad young women onto the streets, how many pervs is that going to attract

Pervs? The thought police have got to you, my friend. There is nothing perverted about enjoying the spectacle of scantily-clad young ladies. Whether it is a good idea to tease people in this manner is of course another thing altogether.

And paedophiles (note the spelling) are attracted to children (from the Greek for infant and love), not to nubile young ladies.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

pentaxian450

Link Posted 01/01/2009 - 23:15
impotentspider wrote:

Pervs don't need a Christmas parade (or whatever parade) to find kids. They just have to use chat rooms on the web. That's the best (worst?) thing they found to get to their targets of choice. Unfortunately.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)

fatspider

Link Posted 01/01/2009 - 23:22
Quote:
And paedophiles (note the spelling)

Nevur kud spel
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

DOIK

Link Posted 02/01/2009 - 15:52
Problems with spelling get a spell checker.
Link

John

piotro

Link Posted 02/01/2009 - 17:47
iceblinker wrote:
The cheerleaders were taller this year, and a bit purple!............

Rubbish .
--
http://piotr.zenfolio.com
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.