Lens hood for SMC 28mm f3.5

AlDeeBrad

Link Posted 26/09/2014 - 20:41
Anyone recommend a hood for this lens (lens cap 52mm diameter)?

Stuey

Link Posted 27/09/2014 - 11:06
Mine has a 49mm cap - I prefer the clip/click in place type rather than the push on type - plenty available on evil bay

K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

DaveKitson

Link Posted 27/09/2014 - 13:05
I think that lens has a 49mm filter.

Pentax made a lens hood specially for the Takumar version. It fits over the lens and has a special locking ring.

I used it with the 28mm M lens years ago. I've just taken a couple of pics of it:

dave k
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson
Last Edited by DaveKitson on 27/09/2014 - 13:08

MrB

Link Posted 27/09/2014 - 13:08
A cheap rubber one from eBay works well - it not only shades the lens but also protects it effectively, and no need to remove it - just fold it back over the lens when not in use:

e.g. link

Cheers.
Philip

womble

Link Posted 27/09/2014 - 17:26
The SMC 28/3.5 (aka the 'K' series) and the M-series 28/3.5 have different threads and constructions. The K is an 8-7 lens with a 52mm filter thread and the M 28/3.5 is a 6-6 construction with a 49mm thread. The correct hood for the K is the PH-S52. The rubber ones work well, though, and are easier to get.

The K series lenses were an oddity in Pentax-land as they departed from the Takumar norm of using 49mm diameter filter threads (for standard lenses and the like) and used 52mm, only for the M-series to revert to 49mm.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

gartmore

Link Posted 27/09/2014 - 18:06
The rectangular hoods are really nice and come in a leather case. They appear on ebay all the time
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.