Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Lencarta ?? anybody had dealings?

dougf8
Posted 24/09/2010 - 20:47 Link
Hi, I ordered something from them and they sent me an email saying "confirmed" on the 13th Sept.

No replies to email on 20th Sept.

Anybody know what they are like?

I'll phone them on Monday.

Its funny. The thing I ordered has disappeared from their website (free UK delivery) but it is still available from eBay (lencarta) but you have to pay £6 delivery!. More than 10 available on ebay. Both ebay and website point to Blue Dimensions Int'l Ltd

I think I might look for an alternative.

You kind of want offers to be accepted in good faith and dealt with straightforwardly really.

Anyway, anybody had any dealings.
Lurking is shirking.!
prsjnb
Posted 24/09/2010 - 21:08 Link
Had no dealings with them but with 100% positve feedback from 3814 customers I'd be prepared to wager the £6.00 delivery fee that by the middle of next week, if not sooner, you'll be living 'happily ever after' again

Jon
dougf8
Posted 24/09/2010 - 21:13 Link
I do hope so. I guess they loose a few quid profit paying for the 1st class delivery if you buy from the website.
Lurking is shirking.!
dougf8
Posted 16/10/2010 - 20:53 Link
Just to update for any web crawling search engines: This was for the Lencarta 80cm studio cube I paid through www.lencarta.com

Well they refunded the sale from the "free delivery" own website stock, no stock apparently and seem to have removed the product, while the £6 paid delivery stock is still available on ebay.

Both their own site and the ebay shop have the same address.

They might have different supply streams for the two channels, I suppose. Perhaps different rooms in the same warehouse?

Hey ho.

Their FAQ:

Back orders
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.

Delivery cost
Delivery is FREE within the UK and we charge £19.99 + vat towards the cost of deliveries within the EU
---------

My order was just cancelled and refunded. Didn't see that in the T&Cs.
---------

Quantity Name SKU Price Subtotal
1 80cm Light Cube PRO004 £24.95 £24.95
the Status of your Order No. 1775 has been changed.

New Status is:
Confirmed

---------

Unfortunately it's out of stock, so we refunded your money and sent you an email explaining the situation.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lencarta-Pro-80cm-31-Studio-Cube-Photo-Light-Tent-/3601804...
Lurking is shirking.!
Edited by dougf8: 16/10/2010 - 21:11

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.