felix

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 08:58
Hi Everyone,

There is new firmware for K30 and Q

K-30 Ver 1.01
http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/k-30_s.html

Q Ver 1.10
http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/q_s.html
K1/K3, DA*16-50mm F2.8, FA 31mm F1.8, FA43mm F1.9 Limited, FA77mm F1.8 Limited, SMC Pentax K 85mm F1.8, DA18-135mm F3.5-5.6, FA*28-70mm F1.8, FA*200mm F1.8
Last Edited by felix on 25/10/2012 - 08:59

Blythman

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 09:08
Just checked the other forum.

Seems that the Q update gives focus peaking and allows the input of focal length for SR when using a third party adapter for our lenses.

WOOHOO !!!!!
Alan

PPG
Flickr

MattMatic

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 09:37
Wahay!

Just be aware that it resets all custom settings
The option for focus peaking is available in the Capture Settings Page 1 - "Focus Settings".

Just tried the FA50/1.4 on an ebay adapter, the Q asked for the focal length, and focus peaking works a treat!! Wow

Thumbs up for Pentax

Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

alig

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 11:02
Thanks for the heads up...

Downloading now.
Cheers

Ali

ist* DS & Ricoh GR

johnriley

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 15:12
When I was using AF and had left focus peaking switched on the display on freezing focus was horrible - grainy and with white halos everywhere. Cured by switching focus peaking off.

Scratched my head for a while with that one, so hope I've saved somebody else some time!
Best regards, John

dcweather

Link Posted 28/10/2012 - 00:41
I've only just spotted this upgrade which is brilliant because it's going to help me a lot with manual focus. I've never used or seen focus peaking before so just need to check it's working right. I see a lot of sparkling pixels all over the screen which seem to form highlighted lines around the edges of in focus areas. The sparkling dots are still in the background though which I couldn't see on a demo video. Culd this be because I have only tried it in relatively low light or is this normal?
Dave

duncanM

Link Posted 28/10/2012 - 15:34
It is a miserable day here today, so I thought I would get on & update the firmware in my Q.
I started by formatting a suitable large capacity SD card. I then downloaded the file q-v110.exe8 into my (windows seven) computer's downloads folder; right clicked it to copy it; inserted the SD card it into my computer; copied the file to the SD card (& checked its properties to ensure that the file was on it); removed the SD card & inserted into my Q; and then followed the instructions copied as follows-
[3] Insert the update SD card (prepared in step 1) into the camera and close card cover.
[4] Turn the camera power on.
[5] Press MENU button to display MENU screen.
[6] Press the four-way controller right to display [Set-up 3] menu screen.
[7] Select [Firmware Version Info] in the [Set-up 3] menu then press the four-way controller right.
The firmware version for the camera and lens are displayed on the [Firmware Version Info] screen.

I got to this stage, which showed the current camera firmware as version 1.01 [& lens (01 standard prime) as version 1.00]
The next stage, stage 8, says-
[8] Press the four-way controller right to display update screen.
When I press the 4 way controller right, nothing happens- i.e. I am still on the firmware version display, without any indication of an update screen being available, and I am unable to progress to the next step, which is-
Press the four-way controller up to select [Start] and press OK button.
There is a further instruction, as follows:
*If firmware file is not saved to SD card correctly, this screen will not be displayed.
...so initially I presumed that the file had not been saved correctly and removed the card from the Q & put it back into my computer, formatted it again, and downloaded the firmware file and the rest of the process again, but got stuck again, as before! Who can tell me where I am going wrong?
Last Edited by duncanM on 28/10/2012 - 15:35

DrOrloff

Link Posted 28/10/2012 - 15:37
You need to extract the file first. Double click on the .exe to extract the .bin which is the then one you copy to the SD card root directory (ie: it sits alongside the DCIM folder rather than inside it.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

dcweather

Link Posted 28/10/2012 - 16:11
Yes - I did that. I knew it was self-extracting but doesn't in the camera. You just click on the exe. file on the card which copies it to the card then it works.

duncanM

Link Posted 28/10/2012 - 17:19
Thank you, good sirs- your advice is much appreciated

gartmore

Link Posted 29/10/2012 - 09:42
New firmware for the 01 & 02 lenses now available
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

felix

Link Posted 29/10/2012 - 13:03
gartmore wrote:

Which website is this from?
K1/K3, DA*16-50mm F2.8, FA 31mm F1.8, FA43mm F1.9 Limited, FA77mm F1.8 Limited, SMC Pentax K 85mm F1.8, DA18-135mm F3.5-5.6, FA*28-70mm F1.8, FA*200mm F1.8

gartmore

Link Posted 29/10/2012 - 13:09
The usual ones, Pentaximaging.com and pentax.jp
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

gartmore

Link Posted 29/10/2012 - 13:11
Just bought the Pentax CPL filter from my local Jessops for £21.99, things are looking up!
Ken

Blythman

Link Posted 29/10/2012 - 13:12
gartmore wrote:

Be grateful for a direct link. I can only see the updates from November last year
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.