Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Last of the Italian cars (and one motorbike)

Posted 24/10/2021 - 17:00 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:
What is it about classic cars and the way they look. What happened to car designers, they lost their way! They need to look back to this era and start making cars with lines like these again

Literally a stones throw away from where I live is a car manufacturer who have kept their designs pretty simple and "classic" - anyone heard of the Morgan Motor Company

I have! As have so many. I remember Sir John Harvey-Jones in the 'Troubleshooter' series going around the factory tut-tutting about the manufacturing process. He couldn't believe that the marketing guy waited for people to phone to order rather than advertise, advertise, advertise. He told Morgan, for example, that they should cut their years' long waiting list - when it was the cachet of having to wait so long that made a Morgan so tantalisingly desirable. He questioned how long they would last. Quite dismissive actually. Well, ahem, guess what? Morgan cars are beautiful, especially their V8. With an ash frame and aluminium it could accelerate like woopsie off a teflon shovel. (Poetry there methinks.)
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
pschlute
Posted 24/10/2021 - 19:02 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:
What is it about classic cars and the way they look. What happened to car designers, they lost their way! They need to look back to this era and start making cars with lines like these again

Literally a stones throw away from where I live is a car manufacturer who have kept their designs pretty simple and "classic" - anyone heard of the Morgan Motor Company

Always loved Morgans. Never even sat in one sadly
K10D
Posted 27/10/2021 - 09:37 Link
Some stunningly beautiful machines Peter. Well photographed.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.