Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Keeping it in the family

fatspider
Posted 08/09/2008 - 23:30 Link
Personally I would get a new stairs carpet, that one is way too distracting for close ups

Seriously though, just keep the lot and when your Mums gone it'll help remind you of her and bring back some fond memories, plus it'll be fun to play with occasionally, and if she's passed allready then shame on you for thinking of selling
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
beakynet
Posted 09/01/2009 - 13:49 Link
Thanks to Harrow Technical, they are all serviced now, including the Zoom 70! Great service and good price!

impotentspider wrote:
Personally I would get a new stairs carpet, that one is way too distracting for close ups

Seriously though, just keep the lot and when your Mums gone it'll help remind you of her and bring back some fond memories, plus it'll be fun to play with occasionally, and if she's passed allready then shame on you for thinking of selling

Yep, the memories are there! I am still looking for some other bits of her kit that I remember (bellows, slide duplication, light box and more). Since the MV was the first SLR I used, that and the LX were never an option to sell. It was the zooms, especially the Vivitar as she never did like that lens! There was also a 2x adaptor, a fish eye adaptor - I have my own version of both of these, a Philips flashgun and extension tubes.
Bodies: K5IIs, K7, MZ5n, LX, MV
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
shim
Posted 09/01/2009 - 14:16 Link
The expensive refconvertor is well worth keeping. The one I have is stamped M but I think it's the same as the A. They only ever made 2 types, the other being for the Spotmatic. Sadly the rubber eyecup seems to be missing and you really need that to stop stray/distracting light. Being able to switch back and forth between 1x and 2x is what makes this gadget really useful... nowdays needed for focusing with DSLR's because they don't have any optical focus aids built in. You can focus very precisely at 2x and then curse Pentax because the final picures are out of focus and you can't do anything about it at least it's like that on my K10 with the 50mm A Macro.

shim
shim
Posted 09/01/2009 - 14:24 Link
If you use the refconvertor with the 90deg lens attachment you could take photographs behind you or use it as a seebackascope

shim
womble
Posted 09/01/2009 - 15:46 Link
shim wrote:
The expensive refconvertor is well worth keeping. The one I have is stamped M but I think it's the same as the A.

The A one covers a bit more of the image in the viewfinder so that you can see more of the information around the edges of the image. Otherwise they are pretty much identical.

It is a nice set of kit and I am glad you didn't sell it. The waist level finder for the LX is worth £50-60 on its own. Harrow Technical did a lovely job on my LX too.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
shim
Posted 09/01/2009 - 17:58 Link
womble wrote:

The A one covers a bit more of the image in the viewfinder so that you can see more of the information around the edges of the image. Otherwise they are pretty much identical.

Thanks for that info Kris... handy to know... although the M version more than adequately covers all the info shown in the K10D screen at 1x.

Just checked on a Super A and the coverage is massive, you can actually see the circle that is covered, it includes all the information available. Maybe they just cleaned up the view slightly.

shim
womble
Posted 09/01/2009 - 18:06 Link
I just remembered reading that from Bojidar's website, the relevant bit is at the bottom of the page. I guessed the M-version would be fine on the K10D as the viewfinder image is tiny compared to film cameras.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
shim
Posted 09/01/2009 - 18:31 Link
Just had a look at link and you can see what they have done.... just made the hole a bit bigger with a special Asahi file The Super A lets some light into the viewfinder from the lens side and the circle that I can see must be the circular part of the hole on the M model. This mod wasn't needed to see the info they've just done it so you don't see the reflection. So all I need is a special Asahi file and some black paint and I can convert mine into the A model

shim
womble
Posted 09/01/2009 - 18:57 Link
Ahhh, so it is . You'll need to special white paint too to change the M to an A...

Kris.
Kris Lockyear

My website
beakynet
Posted 11/01/2009 - 00:35 Link
shim wrote:
Sadly the rubber eyecup seems to be missing and you really need that to stop stray/distracting light.
shim

I left that in the case! It's all there and working great!
Bodies: K5IIs, K7, MZ5n, LX, MV
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
shim
Posted 11/01/2009 - 10:35 Link
beakynet wrote:
shim wrote:
Sadly the rubber eyecup seems to be missing and you really need that to stop stray/distracting light.
shim

I left that in the case! It's all there and working great!

That's great.... it would be really difficult without it.

shim

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.