Kamera Quandaries

ISO

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 18:08
johnriley wrote:
I sold several last year on eBay. So keep an eye out there, but also camera fairs. Prices could be as little as £5 because of relatively little demand.

Being a pain - would you have a pic you could post - or given it's not Pentax would that be verboten

johnriley

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 18:15
These could be used on Pentax cameras so that's not a problem, but I don't think I have any images at an appropriate size. I'll have to resize some and I'm a bit occupied right now, so hopefully later on today.
Best regards, John

johnriley

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 18:21

This is the sort of third party viewfinder that was quite common at one time. Not bad, not a patch on the Pentax one, but still....if you can find one it will do the job.
Best regards, John

ISO

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 18:24
John no rush at all. Obviously a Voigtlander would be the choice - what a rich history! I am signing off now so whenever. Thanks

duncanM

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 19:52
johnriley wrote:

Bit ruff for a Q7, eh...

duncanM

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 22:30
^Just joking^- I'm sure they'd do the job fine, and thanks for suggesting them
Last Edited by duncanM on 23/03/2014 - 22:30

gartmore

Link Posted 23/03/2014 - 22:40
I saw a Voigtlander one at a camera fair today. The only thing that matters is that the angle of view is the same as the lens
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

ISO

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 11:06
Ken - does this suggest different viewfinders for different lens
Or was your reference to 'adjustable' on the Pentax one, the solution?

johnriley

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 11:42
The field of view of these viewfinders is usually for a standard lens, so something around 50mm on film. That would include the Q Standard prime 01.

There were turret viewfinders that could be rotated for different fields of view, and also some had different brightlines in the finder for maybe a 50mm and 135mm lens. These are not good solutions though, an SLR is much better for interchangeable lenses.

Keep it simple, 01 prime and Pentax viewfinder match absolutely. Close up marks in these viewfinders just indicate what may be cut off in the view as you move closer. The lenses and viewfinders not being the same position introduces parallax errors. In other words, they have slightly different point of view that becomes more critical the closer we get.
Best regards, John

Helpful

ISO

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 18:30
Thanks John - probably puts the subject to bed, unless anyone has a Voigtlander

duncanM

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 19:43
ISO wrote:
Thanks John - probably puts the subject to bed...

Reckon you're right,ISO. The discussion has certainly been helpful for me- thanks
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.