Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K7 dropping in price....

K10D
Posted 02/02/2010 - 09:56 Link
B&H now selling at 644 pounds body only. They will be clearing stock.

What is the next DSLR???

Plenty of coloured Kx in stock here in Bahrain with a reasonable turn-over, according to my friend at the store. The K7 has also been well accepted here.

Regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
i-Berg
Posted 02/02/2010 - 10:17 Link
...which is interesting, because in Oz the K7 'body only' currently sells for around AUD $1,250, whereas from B&H, it equates to around AUD $1,400 landed here after tax, customs and shipping.
Mike-P
Posted 02/02/2010 - 13:08 Link
Considering the K-7 has only been out around 8 months it seems a bit early for Pentax to be bringing out a replacement (not substitute:twisted. The only reason I can see is because the K-x is hitting possible sales so maybe we will see a K-7s soon (basically the same but a different sensor).
i-Berg
Posted 03/02/2010 - 03:26 Link
Mike,

What you suggest seems to be a logical convergence. I expect they've war-gamed the scenarios for sales consequences too - for both lines! The Kx has been a success for P, but they've now set a new bench-mark for themselves at that price. Also, where to after a K7's', for that marque? Interesting times that should benefit end users.
patrick
Posted 03/02/2010 - 07:19 Link
some websites offer the K7 for 900euros now ...
Pentax - what else ?
i-Berg
Posted 03/02/2010 - 10:04 Link
patrick wrote:
some websites offer the K7 for 900euros now ...

...Which makes it roughly AUD $1410 converted from the Euro, but not including tax, duties and shipping. Once landed here in Oz you'd likely be up for another AUD $250. Only mention this because we have usually been dearer than both Europe and US in my experience, and that's turned - at least for the K7.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.