K5II And IIs Firmware update 1.06

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 05:37
Morning all, new firmware alert, DOWNLOAD FROM HERE.

Just done mine and somehow the frame seems fuller?

Last Edited by bettyswolloks on 03/10/2013 - 05:41

cabstar

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 07:55
So quick after 1.05 what's this one do???
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 08:22
I'd read some complaints about battery issues, but mine was fine with 1.05.

vic cross

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 09:32
Mornin' I just went to your link and when I tried to download 1.06 I got a warning from Windows that it was a possible danger. It said this type of prog. was not normally downloaded and could cause problems. I've downloaded many firmware updates in the past and never had this warning before. I'll be back on line later and will try the official Pentax (Ricoh) site. In the meantime are there any comments on this issue???????
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 10:49
vic cross wrote:
Mornin' I just went to your link and when I tried to download 1.06 I got a warning from Windows that it was a possible danger. It said this type of prog. was not normally downloaded and could cause problems. I've downloaded many firmware updates in the past and never had this warning before. I'll be back on line later and will try the official Pentax (Ricoh) site. In the meantime are there any comments on this issue???????
CHEERS Vic.

Are you a new windows 8 user Vic Mate? I get it with win 8 most times, just click on more info and you'll see the usual options. I personally never get my updates from anywhere other than the uk site.

JohnX

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 14:32
"Changes to V1.06
Corrected Unstable performance may rarely occur in firmware version 1.05.
Improved stability for general performance
*Contents of [Version 1.05] and earlier version will be also updated."

vic cross

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 15:25
bettyswolloks wrote:
vic cross wrote:
CHEERS Vic.

Are you a new windows 8 user Vic Mate? I get it with win 8 most times, just click on more info and you'll see the usual options. I personally never get my updates from anywhere other than the uk site.

No I'm using Windows 7. I've never had this problem before?????
I'll try a little later as I'm busy with something else just now.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Last Edited by vic cross on 03/10/2013 - 15:27

vic cross

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 16:10
Now done and loaded 1.06 but my PC kept telling me not to.
CHEERS Vic.

alfpics

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 17:03
Vic,
It could well be that not many users have actually downloaded it yet. My Norton was suggesting I don't trust it as that was the case; it said only 5 other users from the Norton community had downloaded it. I don't know whether Windows does something similar - I have Windows 7 as well.

PS to the born again biker bit of you - Norton in this case refers to internet security and not a two wheeled beast
Andy
Andy

Smeggypants

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 19:48
Norton is a virus.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

vic cross

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 19:51
Cheers Andy. Actually I don't know if it was Windows or more likely my BullGuard anti virus that was trying to stop me.
In my youth from 1956 to 1961 I rode Tigers and Thunderbirds (Triumphs). Now all I have is a little Honda CD 250 U for riding only when the sun shines. I'd like something a little bigger but I'm in my mid 70s and my reactions are not what they were, although I'm still quite capable.
CHEERS Vic.

Defragged

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 22:46
Vic, you are only as old as the the motorcycle you ride makes you feel!!!!

It's a just pity there are not firmware updates available for humans....
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
Last Edited by Defragged on 03/10/2013 - 22:55

michaelblue

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 05:11
Defragged wrote:
Vic, you are only as old as the the motorcycle you ride makes you feel!!!!

It's a just pity there are not firmware updates available for humans....

Just what I need!
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

BarryPearson

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 08:20
vic cross wrote:
CHEERS Vic.

There are 2 downloads: "Windows" (EXE), and "Windows/Mac" (ZIP).

After virus-indications with the EXE for the previous firmware version, I used the ZIP version on my Windows without problem.
My Wikipedia user page

vic cross

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 09:15
Hi Barry. Yes you're right it was the EXE version I was having trouble with but as you can see from my posts I eventually carried on and downloaded it anyway and it is all OK.
CHEERS Vic.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.