K3 mk1 vs KP ergonomics

bladerunneruk

Link Posted 07/12/2020 - 21:42
Thanks for your thoughts on k3 vs kp ergonomics folks, always useful to hear from ppl who have actually used one.

Interesting point about the pairing with bigger heavier lenses, sounds like the KP is attached to the lens rather than the other way around ?!!

I have used a DA60-250 quite a bit with the K5 and the 50-135 is 2nd most commonly used lens presently. Any thoughts on KP with those ? With/without battery grip.

michaelblue

Link Posted 10/12/2020 - 17:29
bladerunneruk wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts on k3 vs kp ergonomics folks, always useful to hear from ppl who have actually used one.

Interesting point about the pairing with bigger heavier lenses, sounds like the KP is attached to the lens rather than the other way around ?!!

I have used a DA60-250 quite a bit with the K5 and the 50-135 is 2nd most commonly used lens presently. Any thoughts on KP with those ? With/without battery grip.

I've not used either of these with the KP but regularly use the DA* 300 on the KP (with and without the grip) without any problem, they match quite well.
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

richandfleur

Link Posted 15/12/2020 - 21:45
Assuming money is not an issue, I'd wait and see what this new Pentax camera brings.

With regards to portraits/children etc, I'm not sure DSLRs are ever going to match the focusing/tracking power of mirrorless now.
The ability to detect faces and even track eyes to keep them in focus is stunning but will only work on a DSLR in mirrorless live view mode.

The new Pentax apparently has many more focusing points, so maybe they've provided something like this.

The KP is nice when paired with a smaller lens, very compact and powerful, but it's not the same market category type of camera as the K-5 / K-3 range, so there are real differences around shutter speeds/card slots/burst rates and ergonomics etc that may or may not be important to you.

RobL

Link Posted 15/12/2020 - 22:10
That may be so richandfleur, but there are some who prefer manual for portraits which is actually easier with a lens designed as such. I have been doing a lot of outdoor portraiture recently for a couple of projects, almost all with the 77mm Limited lens on a K1, using the selective single point focus at f4 to f5.6 and the sharpness and background separation are outstanding. A few more points nearer the edges would be useful though so the new KIII mk3 could be good for this, and even better a K1 mk3!

bladerunneruk

Link Posted 04/05/2021 - 13:16
Hi folks, any opinions on how the vertical plane front dial on KP 'feels' compared to a K5 / K3 / K1 style which has both e-dials on horizontal plane ?

michaelblue

Link Posted 04/05/2021 - 14:34
bladerunneruk wrote:
Hi folks, any opinions on how the vertical plane front dial on KP 'feels' compared to a K5 / K3 / K1 style which has both e-dials on horizontal plane ?

I use the K5 and the KP and to be honest I'd forgotten the difference until you mentioned it. I just switch from one to the other without noticing it.
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.