K3 down in price at SRS

truckerathome

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 11:38
The k3 is now listed at 899 at SRS

Big disappointment for me as I spoke to them on Saturday and in trying to get a lower price than the 978 they took 80 off for no free 35mm lens ... means if I`d waited 2 days I would have got one even cheaper. Bought a Grip as well with the camera. Pity they couldn't tell me on Saturday the prices would be dropping. Did they know? ... sure they must of had an idea.

Still good news for Pentax K3 buyers

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 11:41
Any price reduction is a good sign. Unfortunately, as the K3 hasn't been out for long you can expect the price to keep going down, so at some point after you buy it the price will be less. You decide at the time if the price is worth it for you.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

truckerathome

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 11:57
Been waiting for a while for it to drop but it has only come down very slowly. There was a code in February to knock 50 off from SRS price which made it around 930 but it had expired when I tried to use it. SRS said that was wrong as the code should not have been available as the camera had a price drop (albeit marginal) but knocked the 80 pounds off in exchange for not receiving the 35mm. The camera has now dropped 79, a substantial price drop that I am sure they would have known about, and I accept that it is what it is and the price I paid is what I accepted, but I feel slightly cheated just because it has happened so soon after. Although I have always purchased from SRS due to service, trust, etc I will not be doing so from now on as my trust in them has now gone.

truckerathome

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 12:05
Might add I have just bought a replacement 300mm lens hood from SRS but did not notice the K3 price drop until afterwards. If I had of noticed it would have been purchased from Wex Photographic whom I will probably look to firstly for my needs in future

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 12:27
truckerathome wrote:
Been waiting for a while for it to drop but it has only come down very slowly. The camera has now dropped 79, a substantial price drop that I am sure they would have known about, and I accept that it is what it is and the price I paid is what I accepted, but I feel slightly cheated just because it has happened so soon after. Although I have always purchased from SRS due to service, trust, etc I will not be doing so from now on as my trust in them has now gone.

It is never our intention to deceive ANYONE and I object to this been inferred..

I had confirmation yesterday morning regarding a shift in the price of the K-3.

Prices change regularly (usually downwards) and these are out of our control. We do not do this deliberately - we are not involved with the pricing strategies of Pentax UK (I wish we were sometimes!)

If you wish to send me a PM then I would be happy to see if we can sort something out.
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

python118

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 12:30
Hi to you all, how good is the new k3 compared to the other kr modals ? or is it a case where we know that it must be top dog and must have it.

Regards Dave

Fletcher8

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 14:49
[quote:3496ace15f="python118"]Hi to you all, how good is the new k3 compared to the other kr modals ? or is it a case where we know that it must be top dog and must have it.

Dave, I guess it depends on ones needs, for me personally the K3 delivers what i require and need. nothing wrong with the K5, the K5ll or K5lls. The duel SD card and being able to bracket AA filter features is a great feature and with an extra 8 mp to play around with I have the ability to crop if i need to and not lose IQ. However, to take full advantage of the K3 you need good glass, which i have. No other APS-C camera currently provides the benefits and the quality of the K3, regardless if you want to be top dog or not. Pentax / Ricoh have produced a very very good camera. Use a K3 and you will know doubt think the same way.

I would like another K3, but I think I will wait until the price is a little lower. 800 would tempt me. Interesting that the price is starting to fall, I wonder if Pentax has something new up their sleeves for September?
Fletcher8.
Last Edited by Fletcher8 on 19/03/2014 - 15:15

MattyH

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 15:35
I would of liked to pay the new price for my K3, but it's like everything else in the marketplace, prices fall, just look at flat screen tellys.

I paid 1000 for my tv 6 months ago, it's now down to under six hundred.

But now I have my K3 and tv I will not be changing so I am happy with what I got when I got it, all Pentax need to do now is lower the price of lenses, and knock 70 of the battery grip and then I will be really happy.

MattyH

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 15:38
python118 wrote:
Hi to you all, how good is the new k3 compared to the other kr modals ? or is it a case where we know that it must be top dog and must have it.

Regards Dave

Best ever camera I have owned, and I have done the K5, K5iis and they were great the K3 is on a different level.

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 15:41
Fletcher8 wrote:
I would like another K3, but I think I will wait until the price is a little lower. 800 would tempt me. Interesting that the price is starting to fall, I wonder if Pentax has something new up their sleeves for September?

I am really tempted by the K-3 and sure that Chris will entice me with an offer than is too irresistible...we have to accept that no matter what price we pay it will always trickle down (or sometimes shoot up as it did with the K20D in the summer of 2009) but a weekend away with the K-5 + 150-500 reminds me how good what I have is, I am so much happier with the K-5 pics than I am with those taken with the D3 + 400/2.8 combo
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

northernmonkey

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 19:41
truckerathome wrote:

Big disappointment for me as I spoke to them on Saturday and in trying to get a lower price than the 978 they took 80 off for no free 35mm lens ... means if I`d waited 2 days I would have got one even cheaper. Bought a Grip as well with the camera. Pity they couldn't tell me on Saturday the prices would be dropping. Did they know? ... sure they must of had an idea.

Well, this morning I filled my 65 litre tank will diesel at a substantial cost.
On driving past this evening, I noticed the price had gone up 1p per litre.
Feeling like I had cheated them out of much needed profit.......I pulled over and went in to the garage and offered them the 65p.

Also, last week, when doing my "big shop", I noticed that my usual bread was not on offer, as it was the week before.
When paying the 112.39 for my trolley full, I mentioned to the polite young lady that I feel I owe them 49p as the bread I bought only 6 days earlier had gone up........

Let's face it......if the k3 had gone up this week, would you have contacted the retailer to offer them the extra???

Real world.....prices go up as well as down....you choose when to buy.

northernmonkey

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 20:16
truckerathome wrote:
Might add I have just bought a replacement 300mm lens hood from SRS but did not notice the K3 price drop until afterwards. If I had of noticed it would have been purchased from Wex Photographic whom I will probably look to firstly for my needs in future

Maybe you should have contacted the retailer and had a nice calm word rather than this route.

I am sure most would offer something, even though they might not be fully supported by the supplier.

A reaction like this is not good as you have to accept that prices do change.

Also, looking around, it seems that the K3 has not actually changed SSP. Probably just a number of dealers moving stock for year end.

fritzthedog

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 20:23
truckerathome wrote:

Presumably you were happy with the deal when you made it or would have walked away - slightly unfortunate that the price changed so soon after - but really - if you want to avoid this happening - the only time to buy is immediately after a price reduction.
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Algernon

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 20:32
This thread should have been in "Moans about Deals"
NOT "Leads to Deals"

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 21:01
The price reductions aren't just on K3 either. I notice that both the K5s and the K50
have also been reduced...so that can't be bad. As northernmonkey said it is probably mainly to boost sales figures by the year end together with the end of the free lens promotion at end of March and also i'm guessing clearing shelves ready for K60/K600 presumably late spring early summer.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.