K Series Family Portrait.

mowog

Link Posted 26/07/2010 - 19:15
Having recently acquired a very nice K2, I now have a full set of the K series. - Far too many 50s tho'!.

No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.

johnwhit

Link Posted 26/07/2010 - 21:18
Beautiful, just beautiful

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

hefty1

Link Posted 26/07/2010 - 23:38
Very nice! So which one's favourite?
Joining the Q

mowog

Link Posted 26/07/2010 - 23:58
Thanks, Gentlemen.

I havn't put a film through the K2 yet, but I think the KX is always going to be my favourite.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.

ReklawyksEkul

Link Posted 27/07/2010 - 06:05
beautiful collection..so this is the full set? nice to know that
iqbal

learning in progress...

picasa
flickr
photoblog
PPG

Algernon

Link Posted 27/07/2010 - 09:51
Nice set, but I wouldn't call it complete without the
Top Model the K2DMD

Sadly I never got round to owning a K2DMD either
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

womble

Link Posted 27/07/2010 - 18:23
Algernon wrote:
Nice set, but I wouldn't call it complete without the
Top Model the K2DMD

Sadly I never got round to owning a K2DMD either

The K2 is rare enough, the DMD version is as common as Unicorn droppings.

K.

PS Lovely set by the way.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

mowog

Link Posted 27/07/2010 - 20:08
As the DMD is a variant of the K2, rather than a distinct and different model, I like to think I have the full set.

Womble discovered a Dacian internet cafe, then!

Mowog.

Algernon

Link Posted 27/07/2010 - 22:06
The "Unofficial Pentax Collector's Starter Page" lists it as a separate model

The bad news is that it's probably the most expensive K mount camera to buy in mint condition..... then there's the motordrive..... Ouch!!!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

mowog

Link Posted 27/07/2010 - 22:39
Algi... You hair splitting, nit-picking pedant, you!!! - I HAVE A FULL SET!.. And I will put my fingers in my ears and shout "La la la, I can't hear you", if you continue to say it aint so!

Mowog.

fatspider

Link Posted 27/07/2010 - 22:50
Very Nice

I tke it the K2 is the black sheep of the family
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Dangermouse

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 23:40
You can never have too many 50s!

Between my Dad and I we have the full set of silver K bodies, I have the KM, K1000 and KX while he has a K2 that he bought in the late 1970s with M 50mm f1.7. The original manual and (I think) the receipt are still with it. I like the KX, although I'd be hard pressed to choose between it and the MX. The MX's LEDs are easier to read in low light and it's a bit more flexible in that you can add a motor wind and change focusing screens.

I have seen a black KX for sale (was going to bid but forgot), apparently there are black KMs out there. There were also motorised versions of the KX and KM which must be even rarer than the K2 DMD.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

Blue

Link Posted 06/08/2010 - 00:21
I love the metal stepless shutter on the K2. It was the last of the elements of the Metallica II prototype shown at the 1966 Photokina. Its a bit ironic that the Pentax K is my favorite m42 body and the K2 is my favorite K-mount body.
Last Edited by Blue on 06/08/2010 - 00:22

Rico

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 04:35
I found this site looking for a 3rd K2DMD body. I guess they are rare..I would really like to know the serial number range (1st and last) and how many were really manufactured..

I loved them! Then I started doing commercial work and had to change to Nikon. I put them away in the closet. 1970's camera's are so very heavy compared to what we use today, yet i remember way back then carrying 2 or 3 bodies and not even thinking twice about the weight.

This may be a foolish and useless post. I just wanted to say Something, as I just signed on

Cheers.

Personally, I feel the Asahi optics are better than Nikon's remember the finest quality lab microscopes were Pentax.

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 09:15
I have a KX, which I love, a KM with a broken light meter and recently, my grandmother's old K1000. They're beautiful machines.

You're very welcome to post some K appreciacion here, it's always good to hear more opinions.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.