K-r - muddled exif data

AndrewA

Link Posted 11/10/2011 - 13:54
For a while now I have been slightly bemused by the exif data produced by my K-r.
It all started when a forum member asked me why I had taken a shot in an action programme when I couldn't recall using that programme for the picture in question.
I have though noticed recently, that when I shoot in apeture priority that the exif data says the shot was in shutter priority.
I shall try out some other settings this week to see what happens, but has anyone else noticed / experienced this?
Thanks, AndrewA
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

gartmore

Link Posted 11/10/2011 - 14:37
What are you using to read the data?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

AndrewA

Link Posted 11/10/2011 - 14:42
gartmore wrote:

Only the exif when I load a shot onto the gallery on here Ken.
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link
Last Edited by AndrewA on 11/10/2011 - 14:43

Blythman

Link Posted 11/10/2011 - 14:55
AndrewA wrote:
gartmore wrote:

Only the exif when I load a shot onto the gallery on here Ken.

Its not the K-r Andrew, its the forum software
Alan

PPG
Flickr

bigdaddybucks

Link Posted 11/10/2011 - 15:51
Same happens to me I have a K-r too but it also happened when I posted photos from my K20D

Lee

johnriley

Link Posted 11/10/2011 - 16:11
It's a well known and perisitent fault with the way the forum software reads the EXIF data. IT know about it and will deal with it when they can.
Best regards, John

AndrewA

Link Posted 11/10/2011 - 17:48
johnriley wrote:
It's a well known and perisitent fault with the way the forum software reads the EXIF data. IT know about it and will deal with it when they can.

Ah ha, good news then - means it is not my K-r!
Cheers John.
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link

Blaze

Link Posted 13/10/2011 - 09:35
Ah, I'm glad to find this topic as I was about to write one in a similar vein as I was surprised to see that my photos seem to say "shutter priority" when I use "aperture priority" !
I shall stop worrying now

Eagle12

Link Posted 13/10/2011 - 10:56
Same thing with my istDL. I took a shot of some blackberries, (which never moved ), and the exif data said I had used the action prog??
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.