Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K-3iii inc magnificent 16-85 lens and 55-300 PLM lens

Posted 02/10/2023 - 07:59 Link
I am cutting down on my cameras and lenses.
My K-3iii has just over 13k actuations.
£1,000 inc UK mainland postage, but can also be collected in the Hull area. Includes spare batteries, battery charger, PDF manual etc etc
Comment Image

The ony fault with it is cosmetic in that it has a scratch on the back of the baseplate edge where it caught on a fence when a car tried to squash me against a bridge when I was trying to take a decent photo of a kingfisher! (This minor war wound can be hidden with the use of a permanant black felt pen/marker of course)
Comment Image

Also for sale is my wonderful, but infrequently used, 16-85 HD DA ED WR DC lens. I am doing more wildlife photography now - so prefer my longer zoom.
Included lens caps, UV filter, lens hood etc £300 inc UK mainland postage, but can also be collected in the Hull area.

55-300 PLM HD DA ED WR f4.5/5.6 Pentax zoom lens. This is great and focusses so speedily and almost silently.
£300 inc UK mainland postage, but can also be collected in the Hull area.

The whole lot can be had for £1,500.
Bank transfer or PayPal friends and family - or even cash on collection welcomed!
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Posted 03/10/2023 - 09:39 Link
SOLD, within a day elsewhere....
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Lubbyman
Posted 03/10/2023 - 10:06 Link
I'm not surprised. If I didn't already have a K3iii, 16-85mm and 55-300mm I'd have jumped at it at that price!

Steve
Posted 04/10/2023 - 16:02 Link
Er . . . . now, very unexpectedly, available again!
Pls contact me if you want his great kit at a very, very nice price
RichardC
Posted 04/10/2023 - 16:45 - Helpful Comment Link
This came along a week or two too late for me, Iíd have snapped your hand off a couple of weeks ago!

Though Iím not looking to buy, I just wanted to stop in as a recent 55-300mm PLM owner and say what a superb lens it is. By some distance itís the best performing APS-C tele zoom Iíve tried and is unbelievably compact and light.
Posted 04/10/2023 - 20:34 Link
RichardC wrote:
This came along a week or two too late for me, Iíd have snapped your hand off a couple of weeks ago!

Though Iím not looking to buy, I just wanted to stop in as a recent 55-300mm PLM owner and say what a superb lens it is. By some distance itís the best performing APS-C tele zoom Iíve tried and is unbelievably compact and light.

Yes, tis a brill lens, but sometimes/frequently those birds are just too far away ;-(
Comment Image
Posted 05/10/2023 - 12:41 Link
Comment Image

Theres also a flash gun, which I got for a project and never used.
Its a SIGMA EF 610 DG ST PA TTL Pentax one.
Tried it with new batteries tother day BUT it didnt work - so I've put that in the set as a freebie - probably needs better batteries that the ones lurking in the kitchen drawer.
richandfleur
Posted 05/10/2023 - 19:21 - Helpful Comment Link
Thatís is pretty much my exact kit (though i have the original K-3).

Highly recommend this to others. If you have not tried the newer lens combo here it will be revolutionary when coming from the screw drive technology.
Edited by richandfleur: 05/10/2023 - 19:21
Posted 06/10/2023 - 12:58 Link
I've had a message asking for a better photo of the minimal cosmetic damage and can't seem to see how to reply via the messaging system with a jpg file, so here it is:-
Comment Image
Posted 08/10/2023 - 19:19 Link
richandfleur wrote:
Thatís is pretty much my exact kit (though i have the original K-3). Highly recommend this to others. If you have not tried the newer lens combo here it will be revolutionary when coming from the screw drive technology.

Thanks Richard - yes, the speed and accuracy of these lenses certainly is brill - esp when connected to the K-3iii
Edited by GrumpyGrandPa: 08/10/2023 - 19:19
Posted 10/10/2023 - 11:10 Link
Correction - the 16-85 lens is NOT PLM as per initial advert photo - it's just an HD PENTAX-DA 16-85mm f3.5-5.6 ED DC WR lens!
Comment Image
Posted 15/10/2023 - 10:49 Link
Will sell lenses separately - pls see other adverts
Posted 18/10/2023 - 09:37 Link
** Camera and 55-300mm zoom SOLD to nice folk inthis forum **
Thanks
Posted 18/10/2023 - 15:00 Link
** Camera and 55-300mm zoom SOLD to nice folk on this forum BUT my PENTAX 16-85 HD DA ED WR DC lens still available for £285 ONO inc postage to UK mainland. **
Thanks
roberrl
Posted 20/10/2023 - 13:31 - Helpful Comment Link
I bought the K3iii, received today.
Just as described, phenomenally well packed and as a tribute to the weather covered in a poly bag.
Thank you Adrian, I look forward to using at least 5% of the capability of this device

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.