K 35mm f3.5 in the garden

derek897

Link Posted 12/05/2016 - 23:54
Was out in the garden with my K3 and K 35mm f3.5 with an ext tube.

And the nettle that stung me.

I know what i like, If not always why.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 13/05/2016 - 00:28
Very nice set, especially the first one. (I think that snail was just a bit suspicious of you)
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

08tiger

Link Posted 13/05/2016 - 07:27
judging by the motion blur that was one fast moving snail.the first two hit the spot.
C&C welcome.
Don.

McGregNi

Link Posted 13/05/2016 - 08:31
A new challenge for Pentax tracking autofocus !

You were right to go manual then Derek

The flowers and last snail one are excellent, beautiful colours. I tend to use my 135mm for tubes but its worked here to give the coverage needed. If I'm right it's actually the shorter focal length lenses that end up with closest focus with tubes .... ?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

derek897

Link Posted 13/05/2016 - 09:53
Cheers guys
I was going to make a joke around af not keeping up
I think you're right about the close focusing with sfl and tubes as I had trouble trying to get all of the snail in the shot.
At the minute I have a limited selection of lenses, (soon to change)
So I'm trying to make do.
Thanks again
Derek

womble

Link Posted 13/05/2016 - 16:52
McGregNi wrote:
The flowers and last snail one are excellent, beautiful colours. I tend to use my 135mm for tubes but its worked here to give the coverage needed. If I'm right it's actually the shorter focal length lenses that end up with closest focus with tubes .... ?

Yup, you are right but you also end up very close to the object you are focusing on. As ever, it is a trade off. I tend to use one of my 85mm lenses or my 100mm with tubes, sometimes a nifty fifty. I don't think I've tried something as short as 35mm.

BTW, I love the second one. The dark empty space along with the lovely flower makes for a great image. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

derek897

Link Posted 13/05/2016 - 17:22
Thanks Kris, a K 50mm is the longest lens I have at the minute and I had the 35mm out so that why I used that one, being lazy. The pink flower is just a little bigger than a match head, and I liked the way it looked cropped as I have so thanks for that. I knew I liked it but wasn't sure if it would seem to be right
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.