K-3 iii = Think I'm falling in love ....

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 23/05/2022 - 19:26
I have had a K-S2 since Dec 2016, purchased on here from that nice Gent HarrisF1

However, I was "just browsing" and found an unbelievable deal on FaceBook MarketPlace on a new, damaged box, K-3iii body from a genuine guy who got it from Amazon Returns BUT had failed over many months to find a buyer. Didn't help that he hadnt a lens to go with it mebbee
Been to see it and check it out. All's good. He was relieved that I really wanted it as he had begun to think that Pentax was such a niche market that no one would buy it!!!!
The date of manufacture is listed on the shutter count info as 13th May 2021 and has a shutter count of ZERO (that was before I started to test it)

Going out on a little boat on the Yorkshire coastline on Thursday. An ideal time to christen the beast (hopefully not in the seawater though).

Tis interesting in that it's got a proper paper manual of 132+ pages and is all in English. A lot to look at and learn

Now need to get my lil head around batteries and memory cards . . . .
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3 iii now, had a K-S2 and so suffering from a relapse and buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more

Chrism8

Link Posted 24/05/2022 - 07:50
GrumpyGrandPa wrote:
Now need to get my lil head around batteries and memory cards . . . .

Get yourself the fastest cards you can afford, you've 2 slots and I have a 64gb in each, I prefer not to have one really high capacity card.

Battery wise, you can have up to 2 in the camera, one in the cam and one in the grip if you have one, I'd have 4 batteries total giving 2 spares, either buy the OEM charger which'll charge just one batt at a time, or there are options on fleabay with a double charger which I've just acquired which works well.

I prefer to charge the batteries separately rather than in camera.
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

Helpful

drofmit

Link Posted 24/05/2022 - 21:06
GrumpyGrandPa wrote:

Tis interesting in that it's got a proper paper manual of 132+ pages and is all in English.
A lot to look at and learn

Living in France, I bought from a store here... so, my thick manual is in French.... I read French, but not technical French.... so....errr.... I downloaded and printed the English manual.... printer told me to load paper twice [I tend not to overload the tray] and I now have 146 sheets of paper [printed 1 side only on A4] and am wondering which way to bind them.... but I printed it centred to the page so that I have the left page [back of previous] and the space around the print to make notes....

My favourite thing so far is the Depth of Field bracketing!!.....
I have only tried it with the 28>105 lens.... next up is the Pentax Canon [150>450] but planting of tomatoes and aubergines etc takes priority at this time of the year. [It has only been in my sweaty hands for a month!]
Never be afraid to talk about your techniques...
"Give a thousand photographers...
the same camera, lens and scene...
and you'll always get a thousand different takes!!"
Anon.

Helpful

drofmit

Link Posted 24/05/2022 - 21:07
Are you going for the Bempton gannets?
Never be afraid to talk about your techniques...
"Give a thousand photographers...
the same camera, lens and scene...
and you'll always get a thousand different takes!!"
Anon.

Helpful

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 24/05/2022 - 21:36
drofmit wrote:
Are you going for the Bempton gannets?

Been there. Done that!
Yes. No. Its a boat trip along to Bempton.
There is a lone, lost, Black Browed Albertros in the area (missed it last year)
Prob just get Gannets, Fulmars, Gulls galore, Razor Bills and - hopefully - Puffins on the water.
There's a fantastic Bempton Facebook group full of superior photos to mine = inspiration and frustration !!!!

Gotta K-3 iii now, had a K-S2 and so suffering from a relapse and buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 26/05/2022 - 17:38
Well, I am impressed with my new K-3iii. Much improved over my K-S2 (obviously)
Yes, it does take a while to save files after whizzing off loads of images in one go BUT I can live with that (at the moment)
Even saw the Albertros - but had to use my Nikon p950 to snap him as he was near the top of the cliff and we were at sea level!

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.