Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K-3 iii = Think I'm falling in love ....

Posted 23/05/2022 - 19:26 Link
I have had a K-S2 since Dec 2016, purchased on here from that nice Gent HarrisF1

However, I was "just browsing" and found an unbelievable deal on FaceBook MarketPlace on a new, damaged box, K-3iii body from a genuine guy who got it from Amazon Returns BUT had failed over many months to find a buyer. Didn't help that he hadnt a lens to go with it mebbee
Been to see it and check it out. All's good. He was relieved that I really wanted it as he had begun to think that Pentax was such a niche market that no one would buy it!!!!
The date of manufacture is listed on the shutter count info as 13th May 2021 and has a shutter count of ZERO (that was before I started to test it)

Going out on a little boat on the Yorkshire coastline on Thursday. An ideal time to christen the beast (hopefully not in the seawater though).

Tis interesting in that it's got a proper paper manual of 132+ pages and is all in English. A lot to look at and learn

Now need to get my lil head around batteries and memory cards . . . .
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Chrism8
Posted 24/05/2022 - 07:50 - Helpful Comment Link
GrumpyGrandPa wrote:
Now need to get my lil head around batteries and memory cards . . . .

Get yourself the fastest cards you can afford, you've 2 slots and I have a 64gb in each, I prefer not to have one really high capacity card.

Battery wise, you can have up to 2 in the camera, one in the cam and one in the grip if you have one, I'd have 4 batteries total giving 2 spares, either buy the OEM charger which'll charge just one batt at a time, or there are options on fleabay with a double charger which I've just acquired which works well.

I prefer to charge the batteries separately rather than in camera.
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
drofmit
Posted 24/05/2022 - 21:06 - Helpful Comment Link
GrumpyGrandPa wrote:

Tis interesting in that it's got a proper paper manual of 132+ pages and is all in English.
A lot to look at and learn

Living in France, I bought from a store here... so, my thick manual is in French.... I read French, but not technical French.... so....errr.... I downloaded and printed the English manual.... printer told me to load paper twice [I tend not to overload the tray] and I now have 146 sheets of paper [printed 1 side only on A4] and am wondering which way to bind them.... but I printed it centred to the page so that I have the left page [back of previous] and the space around the print to make notes....

My favourite thing so far is the Depth of Field bracketing!!.....
I have only tried it with the 28>105 lens.... next up is the Pentax Canon [150>450] but planting of tomatoes and aubergines etc takes priority at this time of the year. [It has only been in my sweaty hands for a month!]
Never be afraid to talk about your techniques...
"Give a thousand photographers...
the same camera, lens and scene...
and you'll always get a thousand different takes!!"
Anon.
drofmit
Posted 24/05/2022 - 21:07 - Helpful Comment Link
Are you going for the Bempton gannets?
Never be afraid to talk about your techniques...
"Give a thousand photographers...
the same camera, lens and scene...
and you'll always get a thousand different takes!!"
Anon.
Posted 24/05/2022 - 21:36 Link
drofmit wrote:
Are you going for the Bempton gannets?

Been there. Done that!
Yes. No. Its a boat trip along to Bempton.
There is a lone, lost, Black Browed Albertros in the area (missed it last year)
Prob just get Gannets, Fulmars, Gulls galore, Razor Bills and - hopefully - Puffins on the water.
There's a fantastic Bempton Facebook group full of superior photos to mine = inspiration and frustration !!!!

Comment Image
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Posted 26/05/2022 - 17:38 Link
Well, I am impressed with my new K-3iii. Much improved over my K-S2 (obviously)
Yes, it does take a while to save files after whizzing off loads of images in one go BUT I can live with that (at the moment)
Even saw the Albertros - but had to use my Nikon p950 to snap him as he was near the top of the cliff and we were at sea level!

Comment Image

Comment Image

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.