Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K-3, Flucard and BG5 grip bundle only £939 at SRS

ChrisA
Posted 10/05/2014 - 10:06 Link
Mike-P wrote:
I thought you had the 18-135 mm and hated it.?

'Hated it' is way too strong. I was disappointed with the IQ, especially towards the edges at the longer end of the range.

But the focusing was very fast and it's very compact and WR, so I've been considering it again as a walkaround lens.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
Mike-P
Posted 10/05/2014 - 10:51 Link
You going to Farnborough this year Chris?

I booked the Sunday off work last week
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 10/05/2014 - 10:54 Link
ChrisA wrote:

They don't do interest-free credit yet, AFAIK, but SRS have this combo at £939.

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I have just done a deal with pay4later to offer finance. One of the options will be interest free which will be available on most products.

We've been talking about this for a while, but we are looking to launch this when our new website finally goes live which should be in 6-8 weeks time..
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 10/05/2014 - 11:01 Link
I've just run out of grips, so if anyone is interested in this offer, please send me a PM and I'll sort it out for you.

I'm going to remove the combo offer from the website until we get stock back in (should be next week) but please be assured that I will honour this deal...

Watch this space - I'll post back when grips arrive...
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
Blythman
Posted 10/05/2014 - 12:01 Link
PM sent Chris
Alan

PPG
Flickr
MattyH
Posted 10/05/2014 - 12:34 Link
Mike-P wrote:
Must admit I don't really want the flucard.

Had my K-3 for three months now and have never been tempted with the Flu card....ever,

The Grip on the other hand
K10D
Posted 10/05/2014 - 12:38 Link
Its a good price for the UK.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
ChrisA
Posted 10/05/2014 - 12:59 Link
Mike-P wrote:
You going to Farnborough this year Chris?

I booked the Sunday off work last week

Haven't decided yet. The tickets have got bloomin expensive over the last few years.

What I usually do is look at the weather a few days before, and then if it's going to be ok, get a weekend ticket and then go on the day with the better weather. It becomes something of a military operation - the alarm goes off at 5.30, the stuff prepared in the fridge goes into the coolbox, the coffee maker goes on and thence into the thermos. Then at 6.30 we drive down, I drop off the OH with all the stuff and go and park. Then I leg it back to where she is, and we carry all the stuff to the gate. Then when they let people through security, it's a fast march to the spot I like.

Then we can relax for five hours until the flying starts

In many ways I prefer Wings and Wheels at Dunsfold, cos we fly in. Much less stressful.

Tbh, I'm thinking of doing less of the FJs and more of things like this, simply because flying in makes the whole day 100x more fun.

May still go to F'boro though, not sure.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
RalphHardwick
Posted 10/05/2014 - 13:43 Link
Mike-P wrote:

If you do go for the package deal, I'll take it off your hands for £50 +postage
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
"I carry a camera to capture memories and the occasional photograph worthy of sharing"
Mike-P
Posted 10/05/2014 - 13:48 Link
RalphHardwick wrote:
Mike-P wrote:

I will go for the package deal but I think a 50% saving on your part is a bit extreme ... I can live with a 25% loss though
Mike-P
Posted 10/05/2014 - 13:50 Link
ChrisA wrote:

Tbh, I'm thinking of doing less of the FJs and more of things like this, simply because flying in makes the whole day 100x more fun.

You can come and pick me up then, I will give you some petrol money

Think I will ask John to change the title now Chris has come up with a slightly better offer. no point in giving the "enemy" extra advertising :
Edited by Mike-P: 10/05/2014 - 13:53
RalphHardwick
Posted 10/05/2014 - 13:54 Link
Mike-P wrote:
RalphHardwick wrote:
Quote:

I will go for the package deal but I think a 50% saving on your part is a bit extreme ... I can live with a 25% loss though

Mike, you have a PM.

I have just bought a K3 from Wex and ordered a grip from SRS both at non-package prices
As normal, for me, I either jump too soon or leave it too late
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
"I carry a camera to capture memories and the occasional photograph worthy of sharing"
Mike-P
Posted 10/05/2014 - 14:00 Link
How come you didn't get a Flucard Ralph, the offer has been on a few weeks.
RalphHardwick
Posted 10/05/2014 - 14:04 Link
Wex didn't offer it at the time and I was in a bit of a bind as my K5ii(s) was away being repaired and I needed a camera to finish my portrait course homework.
Wex still don't offer the K3 packaged with the flucard.
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
johnriley
Posted 10/05/2014 - 14:52 Link
Title changed at request of OP.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.