Just another old fogey...

wvbarnes

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 21:13
cbrog wrote:
You wouldn't want to see what I was riding and sold to buy my K5 and 1 or 4 lenses and and and..

Roger

My KX was the compensation when for health reasons I had to give up my BMW R1150R

cbrog

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 21:16
Sadly there's no going back though.

Roger.

percy

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 22:21
wvbarnes wrote:
cbrog wrote:
You wouldn't want to see what I was riding and sold to buy my K5 and 1 or 4 lenses and and and..

Roger

My KX was the compensation when for health reasons I had to give up my BMW R1150R

You had to give up your R1150 R . . . . . . .
That's sad
Still, the Pentax is a good choice for some compensation

wvbarnes

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 22:25
percy wrote:
wvbarnes wrote:
Quote:

Roger

That's sad

Thanks, and then a KR and now a K5 plus numerous lenses as is the way. I'm sure I've spent more than on the bike value by now

percy

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 22:31
wvbarnes wrote:
percy wrote:
Quote:
cbrog wrote:

Roger

That's sad

Thanks, and then a KR and now a K5 plus numerous lenses as is the way. I'm sure I've spent more than on the bike value by now

Almost as addictive as being out on the bike, isn't it!

davidstorm

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 22:38
Welcome Percy, I've had a K-m, four K-x's, two K-5's, and currently have a WG-3, a K-01, and K-5IIs and a K-3. You might say I like Pentax!

You won't go wrong whichever body you choose, they are all very good.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

percy

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 22:58
davidstorm wrote:
Welcome Percy, I've had a K-m, four K-x's, two K-5's, and currently have a WG-3, a K-01, and K-5IIs and a K-3. You might say I like Pentax!

Regards
David

I think it's Alan you need to welcome

davidstorm

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 23:00
percy wrote:
davidstorm wrote:

Regards
David

I think it's Alan you need to welcome

Oops welcome Alan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Snoops27

Link Posted 12/07/2014 - 09:34
Bloomin' heck lads, what an amazing response. Many, many thanks to you all. I kinda expected the usual "hi" from one of the senior members (as is the norm on other sites I've joined in the past), but this is, without doubt, the warmest welcome I've ever experienced. I feel like I'm a part of something already.In answer to Roger, re the "old fogey" comparison and also including vic cross; I too rode a motorbike all my life until in 2002 an idiot took the wrong lane at a roundabout and put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life (OK, anger abated). So I suppose because of that I consider myself old before my time, so to speak. It's all part and parcel of the reason I want to get back into photography; Accident led to major injuries, they led to depression and I'm only now making the effort to do something to sort myself out. I've visited some bird/nature sanctuary websites and quite a few have half-decent wheelchair access and I have some great botanic gardens and things of that nature within 10 miles or so. Oh dear , I'm waffling again; sorry. Anyway, life story over. @vic, am about to update avatar etc. MASSIVE THANKS TO EVERYONE...
Follow me, I'm right behind you...

macabee

Link Posted 12/07/2014 - 09:49
Welcome to the pleasure dome, I mean Pentax user website!

You won't go far wrong with one of the new breed of Pentax's [K5/II/IIs/K3] IMO they provide better value for money than similarly priced offerings from 'Canikon' they have a good degree of weatherproofing, better ergonomics and excellent build quality.

I could go on and on but more than enough has been said about them, at the end of the day they work for me.

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 12/07/2014 - 10:13
Regarding the 'SMELL' on unpacking new cameras -- I bought a Russian ZENITH B body in 1971 for 9-00 and talk about 'smell' -- it still lingers in my camera cupboard --- ( anyone need a quick 'fix' ? )
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

macabee

Link Posted 12/07/2014 - 10:31
Peter Elgar wrote:
Regarding the 'SMELL' on unpacking new cameras -- I bought a Russian ZENITH B body in 1971 for 9-00 and talk about 'smell' -- it still lingers in my camera cupboard --- ( anyone need a quick 'fix' ? )

Ron Spillman, that's a blast from the past, makes me feel older than my 60 plus years!

McGregNi

Link Posted 12/07/2014 - 12:13
Snoops,you're clearly bouncing back from that very distressing accident which I appreciate really changed your life, and yes there will always be interesting places to photograph that you can get to. I wonder if there is any sort of grip attachment for the chair to take the place of a tripod, so you can still take all sorts of shots that require a slow shutter speed and very steady camera?

And yes! You've found THE really friendly and helpful Pentax forum ... See, we can still do it guys!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 12/07/2014 - 12:17

Snoops27

Link Posted 12/07/2014 - 12:30
Thanks Nigel, I've kinda put the cart before the horse as I've already bought a shoulder harness which will give me some stability (as long as I stop breathing,LOL), I did consider one of those "gorilla grip" tripod thingys but they wouldn't give me enough height in order to focus unless the camera had a tilt/swivel screen. My elder son is an engineer so he might be able to make some kind of jig attachment for my chair. I hadn't actually thought of that b4 so thanks for putting the idea into my head...
McGregNi wrote:
Snoops,you're clearly bouncing back from that very distressing accident which I appreciate really changed your life, and yes there will always be interesting places to photograph that you can get to. I wonder if there is any sort of grip attachment for the chair to take the place of a tripod, so you cab still take all sorts of shots that require a slow shutter speed and very steady camera?

Follow me, I'm right behind you...

McGregNi

Link Posted 12/07/2014 - 12:36
I would have thought there was something available that would clamp on the arms and maybe swivel and change height also ... Then with a ballhead attachment you should be able to aim the camera wherever needed. Good luck and let us know if you find something ... Then the pressures on to show us all those low light hdr bracketed images! .. No no, no pressure honest.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.