Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Jammed ME

Anonymous
Posted 11/09/2004 - 09:13 Link
H i guys , wonder if anyone can help here. I pulled my old, metal bodied, ME, out of the cupboard today,first time in, I don't know how long. Batteries were low , and the shutter is now eletronically locked and jammed after I tried to take a shot with it. Replacing the old batteries with new ones and pointing the camera directly into the sun ,did'nt get it to release. I don't feel it's worth spending money on, any advice on an easy fix here,thanks in anticipation, James. Perth, Western Australia.
johnriley
Posted 11/09/2004 - 12:44 Link
If the display is lighting up OK then we can assume the batteries are OK and the right way round, if not then that is something to check. I have on one occasion found new batteries to be flat.

Try putting the camer on its 100X setting, which is independent of the need for battery power and see if it operates then.

Otherwise, has a film inside reached the end? Try pressing the rewind button on the base to see if the wind on can be completed.

That's all I can think of, after which it will be a repair job. The cost of used ME and ME Super cameras can be very low and might be more economical to consider than a repair.
Best regards, John
Anonymous
Posted 11/09/2004 - 13:02 Link
Hey John, thanks for your prompt response,I did try everything you mentioned. Might just dump it and look for a 2nd hand replacement as the film transport was also playing up at times (partial exposure overlap),thanks again. Cheers ,James.
Anonymous
Posted 12/09/2004 - 04:34 Link
Hi all, after reading through previous posts, I noticed Tom had attempted to release a stuck shutter by bumping his MZ50 on a table, so I switched on my ME and whacked it against the heel of my left palm and , hey presto,the the shutter released and I now have working camera, albeit with dodgy film transport , I only use it now and then anyway to take snapshots of my teenage daughters to send to their grandparents ,so as long as it serves the purpose I'll hang on to it. Cheers, James.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.