Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Its been a while... Woodland Photography in Winter

GeoffMoore
Posted 10/02/2021 - 11:35 Link
I hadn't been out with the camera for several weeks, even locally. The ongoing pandemic and lockdown here in the UK has stripped me of any real motivation or desire to go out with the camera. More so, being stuck on an housing estate is particularly dull, meaning that a walk out to the nearest landscape of interest is at least an hours plus walk from home.

Still, moaning about it wasn't going to make anything better, So drumming up some motivation and trying to get my photographers eye back whilst also facing one of the most challenging photography types (Woodland) I got up early and drove to the nearest wood, (still classed as local 3 miles. For those who would like to stress the point )

I think I have come away with some pleasing images. I did a small video about the adventure should you like to see more, I'm particularly happy with the final image at the end... titled "Forget Me Not"
https://youtu.be/Rn9Nm4mXj5w I hope you like the images, and would appreciate a thumbs up if you would be so generous.

In the mean time here is one from the morning to whet your appetite, quite a simple image but still manages to convey the season and feeling I was aiming for

Comment Image

Exif: Pentax K1 / 60-250mm F4 @ 220mm, f/4.0, ISO 100, 1/320th

Regards
Geoff
Lubbyman
Posted 10/02/2021 - 12:22 - Helpful Comment Link
The best teasel picture I've seen for a very long while. Superb!

GeoffMoore wrote:
...being stuck on an housing estate is particularly dull, meaning that a walk out to the nearest landscape of interest is at least an hours plus walk from home.

Alternatively, stay close to home, go macro, and look at the small landscape with its tiny flora and fauna. Be careful though - crawling on the pavement outside someone else's house might attract interest of the wrong sort!

Steve
davidwozhere
Posted 10/02/2021 - 23:21 - Helpful Comment Link
Never seen silvery teasels before. They look great. I would agree with Steve about the challenge of macro and you don't need to get on the floor outside the neighbour's house - I often get on my belly in the back yard!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
GeoffMoore
Posted 10/02/2021 - 23:44 Link
Lubbyman wrote:
The best teasel picture I've seen for a very long while. Superb!

GeoffMoore wrote:
...being stuck on an housing estate is particularly dull, meaning that a walk out to the nearest landscape of interest is at least an hours plus walk from home.

Alternatively, stay close to home, go macro, and look at the small landscape with its tiny flora and fauna. Be careful though - crawling on the pavement outside someone else's house might attract interest of the wrong sort!

Steve

Ha thank you Steve, well Macro was something I was quite enjoying, my next door neighbour has sorry had the most incredible garden with a wide variety of plants, bushes, herbs etc and everything in-between which meant there was a range of super interesting subjects to shoot .... alas, she passed away a few months back and the new owners have implemented a scorched earth policy and taken the the lot to bare soil and all the bio diversity with it... An oasis of nature gone. Feel pretty deflated and greatly disappointed by it if I'm honest... patio and paved garden to follow I fear.
GeoffMoore
Posted 10/02/2021 - 23:46 Link
davidwozhere wrote:
Never seen silvery teasels before. They look great. I would agree with Steve about the challenge of macro and you don't need to get on the floor outside the neighbour's house - I often get on my belly in the back yard!

- As per my previous reply. Macro is something I do enjoy, my focus (mind the pun) waxes and wanes on it though. But its something to fall back on when the mood takes me.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.