Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

*istD & 360FGZ sync

Philip Taylor
Posted 30/07/2004 - 14:46 Link
I've just ordered my 360FGZ and wondered does it allow high speed sync with the *istD or just the MZs and *ist? Anything I should know straight away before I use it?
MattMatic
Posted 30/07/2004 - 16:33 Link
Hi speed sync with *ist-D is fine.
Works a dream
Definitely, definitely try out the wireless flash features (though you'll have to read the manuals to get it set up!) - position it anywhere, off camera. Really cool.

Oh yes, and think about the StoFen attachment for the AF360FGZ too - gives a really lovely diffused light

Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Anonymous
Posted 31/07/2004 - 01:46 Link
Thanks for that Matt.
I was looking at he StoFen attachments on the web yesterday. Found the website itself a bit open, with nothing telling you much about the product - mainly just that you should buy the product (which I don't doubt).
Am I better to wait for a Gold? I shoot 50% weddings, 50% nature.
Philip Taylor
Posted 31/07/2004 - 06:54 Link
While I'm at it, do you need any compensation due to the loss of light through the omnibounce?
Anonymous
Posted 01/06/2005 - 15:13 Link
Hi!

I just got my omnibounce for the 360. And you don't need to compensate for it, it's worked out automatically in the electronics The only thing you need to have in mind is that the automatically calculated max distance for the flash is reduced.
MattMatic
Posted 01/06/2005 - 21:09 Link
And to add to this post...
Since upgrading to version 1.12 of the *ist-D firmware the AF360FGZ has been consistently stunning With and without the Omnibounce it's great.
Being so small the Metz 50MZ5 is getting much less use
Matt

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.