Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

*ist DS on offer at Jessops £489.90 including kit lens

niblue
Posted 13/02/2006 - 11:26 Link
The Jessops website is offering the DS and 18-55 lens for £489.90 at the moment - about £100 cheaper than the same kit with a DL.
golfdiesel
Posted 13/02/2006 - 12:49 Link
I bought mine from www.topvisionshop.de
They are currently selling the DS with 18-55 for 637 Euro and the DL with the 18-55 for 666 Euro. This is excluding the 16 Euro p&p charge.
They deliver very quickly and the packaging is very good.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
mteck
Posted 10/03/2006 - 08:27 Link
Has anyone else any experience with topvisionshop .com.
I am still wating on a camera I ordered on the 14 feb and am starting to get a bit worried
golfdiesel
Posted 10/03/2006 - 09:35 Link
Did you get a order/shipping confirmation yet?
I ordered my DS the 27th of december and it was shipped the 29th.
Give them a call or send them an email. I think calling is better.

Did you check the stock indication on their site?
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
mteck
Posted 10/03/2006 - 10:14 Link
Thanks for the reply,
I got the order confirmation on the 14th.
The camera is showing as available.
I havent got a shipping confirmation yet.
I e-mailed them on wensday but havent got a reply yet.
I can try give them a ring.
mteck
Posted 24/03/2006 - 07:44 Link
FYI I finally received my order yesterday (23rd march) even though i havent recived shipping confirmation yet.
The ist ds, the 18-55 da lens and the sd card arrived but not the AF-360 FGZ so I have to contact them again.
So my experience with topvisionshop.de so far is

Very good prices on some items
Very well packed for delivery
Hard to get information about the order after 1st week
Ordered on the 14.02.2006 received on the 23.03.2006
Price drop in items between ordering and shipping were not passed on
Full order was not shipped and no information on missing item

This is my once off experience with topvisionshop.de it may or may not be a true reflection of their service

Martin
johnriley
Posted 24/03/2006 - 07:52 Link
The main concern I would have is what would happen if the goods were damaged in transit or proved to be faulty.

I feel that a slightly higher price would make buying from someone like Jessops by far the best route - if something is wrong, you take it back and they sort it out.

That's why I didn't buy my 12-24mm lens from the USA, but have opted to wait for the new batch from Jessops as soon as it becomes available again. I understand the Vietnam factory is busy making them right now - I wonder if they've got them ready yet....
Best regards, John
mteck
Posted 24/03/2006 - 08:34 Link
I am in Ireland and the saving on the camera body alone was around €400 over buying it here. I know there is a risk with all shipping but with this saving I thought it was worth the risk.
Snapper
Posted 24/03/2006 - 11:22 Link
johnriley wrote:
The main concern I would have is what would happen if the goods were damaged in transit or proved to be faulty.

I feel that a slightly higher price would make buying from someone like Jessops by far the best route - if something is wrong, you take it back and they sort it out.

That's why I didn't buy my 12-24mm lens from the USA, but have opted to wait for the new batch from Jessops as soon as it becomes available again. I understand the Vietnam factory is busy making them right now - I wonder if they've got them ready yet....

--------------------------------------------------
My sentiments exactly John, although in all fairness I actually won my *ist DL, but I did order and buy my AF-360FGZ flashgun from them..ie: Jessops..and incidently, their technical support is great as well.

John
gartmore
Posted 24/03/2006 - 18:15 Link
Well I bought my *istDS on ebay last October from an American dealer for £490 which, at the time, was a massive saving (£250) over the Jessops price. As soon as I placed the order I had a DHL tracking number and watched with delight as my new toy crossed the USA and arrived here via Belgium. I wouldn't worry about buying mail order from abroad, you are just as likely or unlikely to be ripped off by someone in the UK.

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Snapper
Posted 24/03/2006 - 18:38 Link
gartmore wrote:
Well I bought my *istDS on ebay last October from an American dealer for £490 which, at the time, was a massive saving (£250) over the Jessops price. As soon as I placed the order I had a DHL tracking number and watched with delight as my new toy crossed the USA and arrived here via Belgium. I wouldn't worry about buying mail order from abroad, you are just as likely or unlikely to be ripped off by someone in the UK.

Ken

Well done Ken

I can assume your estatic with the new purchase, and well you should be with savings like that ...Maybe I do not have the courage to take that train of thought and buy abroad, but I must admit, I would be somewhat concerned if, most unfortunately, I was obliged to return it owing to a defect or of damage..

Best wishes and happy hours with your new purchase..

John
johnriley
Posted 24/03/2006 - 18:55 Link
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about buying mail order from abroad, you are just as likely or unlikely to be ripped off by someone in the UK.

I'm not so sure about that - how would you get redress from someone over the other side of the world? At least you can visit a UK dealer. Having said that, we weren't really talking about being ripped off, more about the inconvenience in getting replacements if something went amiss.
Best regards, John
gartmore
Posted 24/03/2006 - 21:58 Link
Well I am pleased with the camera and the speed at which it arrived but I do admit to having an "oh sh**, what have I done?" moment immediately after I pressed the 'buy' button. If it had arrived damaged then I guess my complaint would have been with DHL. There didn't seem to be any problem registering the waaranty with Pentax UK. On the subject of the *ist DS, am I alone in finding it just a little bit too small? When the MX came out I bought the winder just to beef it up a bit... and I have normal sized hands before anyone asks!

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
johnriley
Posted 24/03/2006 - 22:09 Link
Personally I find both the MX and the *istDS just right in terms of size and ergonomics. However, it is true that some photographers do find them too small. In this case adding the winder to the MX helps a lot. I'm not sure if the *istDS has a grip available, but no doubt someone can tell us!
Best regards, John
Fernando Terrazzino
Posted 25/03/2006 - 01:43 Link
Maybe someone wants to try this one and share the experience with us

http://www.dicain.com/2002/zb/view.php?id=notice&no=61

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.