Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Is it true? PENTAX UK is closing?

Peter Elgar
Posted 18/10/2005 - 19:44 Link
I was on a another forum and there came up the news that PENTAX UK is making all it's reps. redundant and is closing. Anyone know anything here?
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
kully
Posted 20/10/2005 - 17:34 Link
Please don't say that!

Although this may explain why the people there did a terrible (i.e. not at all) job of fixing my MES and leaving bits of fluff inside...

They've got it back there now, hope they don't go bust and keep it.
tedwhite
Posted 21/10/2005 - 02:50 Link
Why would they do that? I mean, it's not like they are not selling any cameras in the UK. I would assume their DSLR series are doing well over there. But then, I'm over here...

Ted
Kim C
Posted 21/10/2005 - 13:07 Link
Hi Ted,
I rather suspect they are going to move their UK operations to Europe. Already most of the repairs are done over there anyway as is their main center of operations. They are not stopping selling in the UK. The present situation is a bit like having a headquarters in every state over there! It is so easy to move stuff around Europe these days that it doesn't make economic sense to keep so many centers open. The computer guys have been doing it this way for years.

Kim
admin
Posted 21/10/2005 - 15:02 Link
No this is not true. Pentax UK are still in operation...minus a few sales staff.

Pete

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.