iPad camera connector kit

BMurray

Link Posted 09/10/2012 - 18:45
Hi does anyone use this item? I would like to know if i can work with files straight from an attached SD card or if i need to upload to the iPad first, also are there any recommendations for the best RAW file app for the iPad?

thanks
B Murray

cabstar

Link Posted 09/10/2012 - 20:57
I used a Chinese version. It can't import raws so I save as jpeg within the camera and upload that way. The camera connect can only import from a dsc folder.

Not sure about a raw viewer app.

I have found e iPad disappointing as a photography tool but superb for showing off portfolios.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

BMurray

Link Posted 09/10/2012 - 21:04
Theres at least 2 ipad apps, piRAWna and photoRAW i saw a review on them from a professional photographer who was rating them highly but i cant find the review anymore to see which one is the best.
B Murray

Mandrake

Link Posted 10/10/2012 - 11:35
I've got the proper Apple version and all it does is let you import files from the card to the iPad's internal storage, you can't do very much with them in-situ. The built-in Photos app works with PEF files for me, although it obviously isn't much good for editing.

That said, I've not tried doing any editing on the iPad - I just use it for viewing mainly.
Simon

My online scrapbook: http://smxc.co.uk

techno-terminator

Link Posted 10/10/2012 - 14:37
I bought the iPhoto iPad App - and I can't say I've found it as good as I would like for editing.

My solution has been [ and I'm no expert goodness knows ] is still to import to my Aperture library from the camera , edit as necessary ad then sync over to the iPad - and it's always a fiddle .
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

BMurray

Link Posted 11/10/2012 - 13:05
Yes, Ive not heard any good reviews for the iphoto app and ive checked the piRAWna app and it seems a bit hit and miss, I migh just swap my ipad for a macbook air.
B Murray

Algernon

Link Posted 15/11/2012 - 09:55
Human being utilizing technolodgy!

zzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 15/11/2012 - 10:13
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.