Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Injuries that limit your photography

spinno
Posted 20/12/2017 - 21:58 Link
Currently arthritis in both thumbs/wrists, both rotator cuffs in shoulders messed up, damaged ligaments in hip (side I had hernia repair last year...)(also last year had cystoscopy and prostate biopsy all clear)
Heart disease and COPD as standard with a bit of depression thrown in..
Glad my nickname is Lucky
David
alfpics
Posted 20/12/2017 - 22:44 Link
Only just seen this - hope the op works and you get fixed up Brian!
Andy
ilovesaabs
Posted 21/12/2017 - 10:24 Link
Mike-P wrote:
I broke my ankle 3 years ago November ... that hurt a bit. I don't have a picture of the xray as the doctors were crowded round it laughing at the amount of damage I managed to do.

The ankle is held together with metal pins galore although I haven't had any problem at airports.

Comment Image
Broken ankle 1 - Before by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Comment Image
Broken Ankle 2 - After by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

I also remember them leaving the stitches in too long, I think that hurt more than the actual break as they fused to the skin.

Comment Image
Broken Ankle 3 - After 3 weeks by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Comment Image
Broken Ankle 4 - After 3 weeks by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Your toenails are awful Mike....good job I wasn't eating. Just think of the undiscovered life forms lurking beneath the nail.
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Don
Posted 11/01/2018 - 15:51 Link
just a lil boo-boo, no worries, had to shoot left handed for a bit.. all good now.
Comment Image
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Gwyn
Posted 11/01/2018 - 18:46 Link
Hey Brian I hope the op wasn't delayed due to Aussie flu or something and it was successful.
All these injuries and their photos are giving me the heebie jeebies.
I have arthritis in thumbs and fingers, and in my elbow and ankle after too many dislocations and sprains. The frozen shoulder has unfroze.
The only injury preventing photography now is brain freeze.
pschlute
Posted 11/01/2018 - 18:52 Link
I stubbed my toe the other day, does that count ?
Mike-P
Posted 11/01/2018 - 19:33 Link
pschlute wrote:
I stubbed my toe the other day, does that count ?

Only if you have photos.
Roshni
Posted 12/01/2018 - 05:24 Link
Come back to stronger and more better health.

Best Wishes
McBrian
Posted 12/01/2018 - 22:06 Link
Some grusome stuff here :-

OP went well, I don't have much pain but 6 week in a sling...................................
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Gwyn
Posted 12/01/2018 - 22:23 Link
McBrian wrote:
Some grusome stuff here :-

OP went well, I don't have much pain but 6 week in a sling...................................

By which time it will be spring. Oh no, you live in Fife, by which time it will still be midwinter.

Good luck with the recovery.
McBrian
Posted 13/01/2018 - 22:36 Link
Quote:
By which time it will be spring. Oh no, you live in Fife, by which time it will still be midwinter.

Largo Bay appears to have it's own micro climate, possibly due to having a great big hill near by, very occasionally do we get the the worst of the weather but I know what what you mean, it's not the first time I've had to scape my windows in June
Cheers
Brian.
Edited by McBrian: 13/01/2018 - 22:37
Dingo
Posted 14/01/2018 - 09:02 Link
Ah Brinkmanship, a noble Sport, I'll try my best

Wish that I could get on a bike, Hybrid or otherwise, without falling or tripping. Pretty much my first post for a year the other day due to Cardiac Arythmia making me FAT and Breathless, spent much of the year in, or attending, Hospital where I received two Cardioversions (Electric Paddles to you and I to shock the Heart back to normal rhythm) which were successful for only about a week each time. Add the FAT to a displaced 4th Vertebra and and a Sciatic nerve trapped and giving Drop foot for the past 30 years and I am one fine figure of a Man!!.

Much as it pains me, I am going to have to sell much of my kit soon as I just am not using it, and see very little opportunity to do so in the near future, so broken bones, PAH!!..................... I'd break em all so I could just walk 30 metres without getting out of breath and having to rest for five minutes every time.

Broken bones, seriously?!..........., why in my day we'd break all our bones before Breakfast, go work a 50 hour shift, not eat for a week and live in Shoebox int middle of road. You youngsters have it so easy nowadays!!
McBrian
Posted 21/01/2018 - 15:52 Link
Well that's the dressing and sling off, neat job by the surgeon

Comment Image

What I wasn't expecting is how weak my shoulder (rotator cuff muscles) have become, I can't lift my arm past 45degrees
Lots of physio and ecercising required
Cheers
Brian.
SteveF
Posted 21/01/2018 - 16:32 Link
Sounds positive, keep up with the physio - at least until you can hold your DSLR to your eye.
Stuey
Posted 21/01/2018 - 20:57 Link
Wow - you lot make seem almost 100%

That does look like a neat job Brian.

I dont have pictures to because but I did cause myself some time off my feet after playing in a parents football game for the team my lad plays for, months for discomfort but nothing serious apparently - I should know better at 45 but still I'll probably be stupid enough to do it again this year if I can keep my fitness up in the gym.

The images above show that you lot have had it so much worse than me - I hope all healed well fellas 😀

Stu
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Edited by Stuey: 21/01/2018 - 20:58

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.