Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

In the garden (ten images)

womble
Posted 02/10/2010 - 12:44 Link
All but one shot with my SMC-M 100mm f/2.8 lens, mostly with extension tubes, all using my K20D.

1. Rosehips and cobwebs
Comment Image

2. Dewy web
Comment Image

3. Cobweb
Comment Image

4. This is an ex rose...
Comment Image

5. Leaf and pondweed (SMC-M 50mm f/2)
Comment Image

6. Hollyhock
Comment Image

7. Fly
Comment Image

8. Petal (1)
Comment Image

9. Petal (2)
Comment Image

10. Hollyhock bud
Comment Image

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
K10D
Posted 02/10/2010 - 12:49 Link
Well shot sir.

My favourite? The Fly.

All those webs and it's still chillin....

very good images Kris, very good. No. 8 is the not needed IMO as No. 9 nails it much better.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
matwhittington
Posted 02/10/2010 - 12:51 Link
Nice set Kris! I have been out taking shots of cobwebs this morning too but not sure if they'll turn out well... I really like the webs in shots 2 and 3 here, especially the way the web is constructed with some little triangles at the junctions of the web silk. And I particularly like leaf and pondweed, think that it my favourite of the bunch! you must have had the camera perfectly perpendicular at f2 to get that all in sharp focus. Nice one!

Regards
Mat W

My Flickr: link
womble
Posted 02/10/2010 - 12:56 Link
matwhittington wrote:
Nice set Kris! I have been out taking shots of cobwebs this morning too but not sure if they'll turn out well... I really like the webs in shots 2 and 3 here, especially the way the web is constructed with some little triangles at the junctions of the web silk. And I particularly like leaf and pondweed, think that it my favourite of the bunch! you must have had the camera perfectly perpendicular at f2 to get that all in sharp focus. Nice one!

Regards

Thank you. By the way, the lens is an f/2 lens, I think it was at about f/5.6. I was a bit worried about dropping the lot in the pond! This lens is my original from 1982. I didn't use it for years as I got a f/1.7 version and someone poured beer on it and made it sticky. Recently I decided to treat it to a CLA from Alan and now it is working wonderfully once more.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
womble
Posted 02/10/2010 - 12:56 Link
K10D wrote:
Well shot sir.

My favourite? The Fly.

All those webs and it's still chillin....

very good images Kris, very good. No. 8 is the not needed IMO as No. 9 nails it much better.

Best regards

Many thanks. No 9 was my favourite too, probably of the whole set. K.
Kris Lockyear

My website
gartmore
Posted 02/10/2010 - 17:17 Link
Nice feeling of dank autumn weather, I've been trying something similar but without much success.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
bwlchmawr
Posted 02/10/2010 - 17:32 Link
An interesting and effective series of shots, Kris. What this shows is that, with the right eye, one can find a wealth of photographic opportunities (literally) in one's own back yard. No need to travel to Romani, New York, Colorado... O.K. I'd like to go to these places as well!

And what a fantastic lens!
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
philstaff
Posted 02/10/2010 - 18:55 Link
Cracking set of prints number 2 for me that looks to be a very nice lens you have there.
Ian
i-Berg
Posted 03/10/2010 - 10:44 Link
I'm with Gareth - my favourites are the cobweb shots. The first has a '3-D' feel to it, due to the composition.
TOZZA27
Posted 03/10/2010 - 14:50 Link
Lovely set Kris - if it stops raining I`ll be out there too.

2/3/10 stand out for me

Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.

I am now on Flickr which is nice !

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.