'Image by Vivitar' 28mm f2.8

Blincodave

Link Posted 13/10/2009 - 17:53
I purchased one of these manual focus lenses on E Bay the other day. It's still to arrive. I know the Vivitar 28mms in particular have a complex history being manufactured by a variety of companies for Vivitar. However, this is branded 'Image by Vivitar'. It has a PKA mount.

Can anybody shed any light on the origin/history of this lens?

RR

Link Posted 13/10/2009 - 18:09
There's some info discussed HERE Dave.
I'd be interested in your experience with it when it arrives as I'm trying to figure out which versions have the closest focus abilities.

Martin, Gareth & Mikew all have versions of this lens I think.
My Flickr

Blincodave

Link Posted 13/10/2009 - 18:30
Thanks RR for the link. When the lens arrives, the srial number will clearly provide some indication of manufacturer. However, none of the 28mms featured in the the thread you have linked to carry 'IMAGE' by Vivitar titling on the lens.

Does anybody else have any knowledge of this branding?

Thanks

Dave

Malo1961

Link Posted 13/10/2009 - 18:50
Ask Robin. After you have read this piece. He is a member here also, same user name and IMO a authority on the field of Vivitar MF 28 lenses.
Just give him a PM.

HTH,
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

Malo1961

Link Posted 13/10/2009 - 18:55
RR wrote:

I'd be interested in your experience with it when it arrives as I'm trying to figure out which versions have the closest focus abilities.

All the versions who have CF/close focus written on the lens ring. They and only these focus up till 15 cm. All the others without that describtion just manage about 40-45 cm.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

Blincodave

Link Posted 13/10/2009 - 19:13
The lens is discussed and photographed here in the link provided by Martin

www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/56451-great-vivitar-28mm-...

Dave
Last Edited by Blincodave on 13/10/2009 - 19:17

Blincodave

Link Posted 13/10/2009 - 19:35
Infact further reading of the link in my last post suggests that the lens comes with a Ricoh pin which needs to be removed before attaching to my K20D otherwise the lens can get jammed on. I'm really glad that I found this out in advance!!!!

Dave
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.