Idea: Let someone else shoot for once!
Posted 28/12/2018 - 17:53
Link
OldTaffy wrote:
Did you get a copyright disclaimer signed by your two year old son?
Oh not the monkey argument again
Did you get a copyright disclaimer signed by your two year old son?
All the gear with no idea
Posted 28/12/2018 - 18:03
Link
Surely, you need 1000 monkeys with 1000 typewriters for that one?
Posted 28/12/2018 - 18:55
Link
davidwozhere wrote:
Surely, you need 1000 monkeys with 1000 typewriters for that one?
I thought he'd need at least 10,000 😁
Surely, you need 1000 monkeys with 1000 typewriters for that one?
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 28/12/2018 - 18:56
Link
And, no chance I'm handing my k1 over to any of my lot
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 28/12/2018 - 20:09
Link
derek897 wrote:
And, no chance I'm handing my k1 over to any of my lot
I don't mind looking after it for you.
And, no chance I'm handing my k1 over to any of my lot
David
Posted 28/12/2018 - 22:10
Link
Stepdaughter asked advice about her first camera, so I rashly “lent” her my K50 to get an idea, and discovered automated settings and effects I never used and forgot about. “Toy camera”, anyone? She didn’t take it with us to the beach so it wouldn’t get wet, how I laughed! Yet to see any results but if not too long then maybe publish here.
Posted 29/12/2018 - 13:42
Link
RobL wrote:
She didn’t take it with us to the beach so it wouldn’t get wet, ...
Sensible, if you ask me. My stepson's daughter, when she was a toddler, picked up his camera from the beach towel and dropped it into a bucket of seawater She didn’t take it with us to the beach so it wouldn’t get wet, ...
An inferior, non-waterproof make of camera of course. Why they had a bucket of seawater next to them on the beach I don't know.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1926 posts
9 years
I thought it might be cool to let our family and friends shoot for once. They might come up with something special straight out of camera. Maybe you can use a little bit of tweaking and cropping to make it special, with the aim of testing your creativity (eye for a picture!)
Either way, let someone else shoot for once and post your results here!
This idea was inspired by my little excursion a few months ago with my two year old son. I put a camera in his hands and he snapped a number of shots. Most were out of focus or had motion blur but some images were usable if not decent. I took those images and cropped and PP'd to taste and I was quite pleased with the results.
Here's an example:
The image was cropped to make the booth and the man more prominent. I then added a bit of highlight and contrast to the unsavoury word on the booth to add a provocative air to the image - hopefully it causes the viewer to think about the intent.
I'd like to see your examples - showcase the ability of your friends/family or simply extract a bit of magic from a mundane image!