Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

I wasn't expecting this...

RobL
Posted 12/02/2021 - 15:40 Link
Usual walk down to the paper shop so I took my K1 + 150-450mm in the hope of catching the kingfisher again, but an egret was there instead. But better still as the mud was frozen I walked back along the river path and spotted this chap sunning himself on the opposite bank at 10.00 in the morning; he spotted me at the same time so I just had time for a couple of hasty shots before he sauntered off. So glad that just for once I had the right kit ready and waiting!Comment Image

And here is the egret, although I managed some better shots last year in the same place:
Comment Image
K10D
Posted 12/02/2021 - 15:47 Link
Both good captures. The subtle reflection of the egret is excellent and makes the image so much better.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
OldTaffy
Posted 12/02/2021 - 15:49 Link
You say it was a hasty shot. It's damned good and very sharp. The fox looks in prime condition - there must be plenty of food about!
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
LennyBloke
Posted 12/02/2021 - 16:38 Link
K10D wrote:
Both good captures. The subtle reflection of the egret is excellent and makes the image so much better.

Best regards

Just what I was thinking - a very productive walk
LennyBloke
davidwozhere
Posted 13/02/2021 - 00:59 Link
Good thing you had your camera as missing these super shots would have been annoying.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Mike-P
Posted 13/02/2021 - 10:04 Link
RobL wrote:
Usual walk down to the paper shop so I took my K1 + 150-450mm in the hope of catching the kingfisher again, but an egret was there instead. But better still as the mud was frozen I walked back along the river path and spotted this chap sunning himself on the opposite bank at 10.00 in the morning; he spotted me at the same time so I just had time for a couple of hasty shots before he sauntered off.

The way this page is displayed on my laptop all I saw was the text and no pictures so as I read it I was imagining some bloke sat on the side of a frozen lake with his sunglasses on reading a paper or something

Very jealous, have managed to get a lot of decent Kingfisher and Egret shots in my time but never a fox.
RobL
Posted 13/02/2021 - 17:14 Link
Thanks all, sorry to disappoint Mike-P! I felt a bit bad because when I first saw him he was curled up having a nap, but as soon as I brought the camera up he was awake. Visiting that spot before I assumed the flattened grass was human behaviour! I have seen the occasional fox around but always at a distance and in poor light. Luckily for me the camera settings were ready in TAV mode from the egret shots.
cardiffgareth
Posted 16/02/2021 - 14:24 Link
Great portrait with the fox! Staring right at the camera there
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Sry
Posted 17/02/2021 - 22:02 Link
Both very nice, well captured.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.