Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

I have gone totally mad. I get a few bucks, lose mind.

Arthur Dent
Posted 20/12/2005 - 02:36 Link
I am now officialy mad as a hatter!!!! I came in to a few (well, a LOT more than a few) dollars, and I immediately had a seizure........

Pentax PE1224DA
Zoom Super Wide Angle SMCP-DA 12-24mm f/4 ED AL (IF) Autofocus Lens USA
1 @ 799.95 USD
Pentax PE3118FAB
Wide Angle SMCP-FA 31mm f/1.8 AL Limited Autofocus Lens - Black
1 @ 879.95 USD

Hoya HOUVMC77
77mm Haze UV(0) (HMC) Multi-Coated Glass Filter
1 40.50 USD
Hoya HOCPMC77
77mm Circular Polarizer (HMC) Multi-Coated Glass Filter
1 @ 155.95 USD
Hoya HOUVSMC58
58mm Haze UV(0) (S-HMC) Super Multi-Coated Glass Filter
1 @ 32.95 USD

Sub Total 1,909.30

Shipping 26.65 USD

Sales Tax 0.00 USD

Total 1,935.95 USD

And there's more to come. A little gift to my new studio, opening in February, Yeah, that's it, I needed something for the studio. It was necessary!

Comment Image
42 Comment Image
Kimbo
Posted 20/12/2005 - 03:10 Link
All perfectly understandable Arthur - nothing to be ashamed about

Congratulations and well done that man!

"necessary" - absolutely essential I'd say
Die my dear doctor, that's the last thing I shall do!
Anonymous
Posted 20/12/2005 - 11:08 Link
Arthur,

Thank's so very much for your post. You have no idea how normal it makes the rest of us feel. (Heck, you might even help George!)

Welcome to our little circle - we meet every second evening for coffee and support.

At least you're at the stage where you have a studio! My accumulation is all over my workbench and hanging in various gear bags in several wardrobes. (I gotta come out of the closet?)

Congratulations! It's all Good.

Cheers
MattMatic
Posted 20/12/2005 - 12:15 Link
Oooooh

I'm jealous!
Let us know what the 12-24mm is like The least I can do is drool! LOL!
Matt
Don
Posted 20/12/2005 - 13:20 Link
One man standing at the foot of a bridge, sees another man come flying off the bridge and plunge into the icy river.....suicide he thinks...that man wanted to die.

Another man standing on top of the bridge, sees the same scene, however he sees one man pointing a gun at another man. The man without the gun runs and jumps off the brigde....desperate bid for survival....that man wants to live.

Truth and sanity often depend on ones perspective.....glad to have you in the rver with the rest of us..hows the water?
javascript:emoticon('')
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Don Allison
Posted 20/12/2005 - 21:23 Link
I disappointed. No 300 ED lens during the impulse buy?
George Lazarette
Posted 21/12/2005 - 00:24 Link
Well done, Arthur, and welcome to the 31 Ltd. I wouldn't say it's my favourite lens, quite, but it's perhaps my best lens. My most respected lens; my most formidable lens. It's amazing, but the downside is that it's perhaps a bit big for a 30mm lens.

As for Don's suggestion of a 300 ED (note he didn't specify which), I have the SMCP-F* 1:4.5 version, and rate it very highly. The tripod mount acts as a handle, and it is very easy to hand-hold the lens and shoot birds on the wing using continuous AF. Again, a formidable lens, and this time, not at all too big.

But I don't (yet) have the 12-24. Comments eagerly awaited.

I'm away now until after Christmas. Have a good one, everybody!

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Arthur Dent
Posted 21/12/2005 - 00:51 Link
Don wrote:
..glad to have you in the rver with the rest of us..hows the water?
('')

The water's GOOOOOOOD!!! I'm taking my new stash to LA for a couple of weeks, will report back. Word is that the 31 is another superb normal lens, this time for the digital sensors. Will post results.

And I just found out I get a hundred bucks rebate on one of the lenses. That's sweet!
42 Comment Image

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.