"I didn't know they were still going"

mille19

Link Posted 14/10/2012 - 11:20
I've just returned from a morning at my local nature reserve, whilst there I got talking to a fellow photographer (Nikon user), when I told him I used Pentax his response was "I used to use a Pentax film camera, I didn't know they were still going", a bit worrying really.

stub

Link Posted 14/10/2012 - 11:35
For what reason do you find that worrying ?...I have to say its typical of some of the blinkered togs out there. I wouldn't be concerned at all.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

mille19

Link Posted 14/10/2012 - 11:45
stub wrote:
For what reason do you find that worrying ?...I have to say its typical of some of the blinkered togs out there. I wouldn't be concerned at all.

Still, I think maybe Pentax need to invest a bit more in advertising.

cabstar

Link Posted 14/10/2012 - 12:07
Maybe the Nikon user is happy with his gear and doesn't read camera / photography magazines...

There will always be those who switch systems at the drop of a hat for the next best things, and those who plod on with the brand they're happy with..
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Last Edited by cabstar on 14/10/2012 - 12:08

Stuey

Link Posted 14/10/2012 - 14:11
I often find that people making comments like that do know about Pentax still being around it is just their back handed insulting way of trying to be clever and trying to belittle pentax without actually saying it

This would not apply to all though
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Algernon

Link Posted 14/10/2012 - 15:04
Are Nikon still going...... I remember someone with a
Nikormat.... it only did B&W
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

edumad

Link Posted 15/10/2012 - 09:25
We have to remember not all togs spend time on forums looking through news and updates on gear. So when you're happy with what you've got, its natural you don't know what is what in the business.
TWAPSI Blog

gartmore

Link Posted 15/10/2012 - 17:47
Good point
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.