HP B9180, does anyone have one? What do you think?

Unlocker

Link Posted 23/07/2008 - 17:30
Looking to buy a decent A3 printer soon, and this is looking more and more like the one I'll be getting.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with one, good or bad, what you think of it, have you done any canvas prints, which is the best paper etc.

Any advice from Mac users especially appreciated!

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

Mannesty

Link Posted 23/07/2008 - 21:28
I've discovered that there is a B9180GP version which includes an HP Colorimeter for screen calibration. Other than that, I can't add anything.

We were talking about this printer earlier on the phone and I think I would be put off by HP's recommendation of leaving it powered on 24x7. I don't do enough printing to justify the expense of the printer in the first place, plus the added cost of power in an age where we are encouraged to save energy.

There is a cheaper model, the HP Photosmart Pro B8850, that uses the same print head and ink mechanism but has a sleep mode. It consumes only 1 watt and 'wakes' itself to do it's essential maintenance (ink stirring mostly). The B9180 consumes 10 watts in standby but the cheaper model has less media capability in that it can't print on card stock and it lacks the front panel display.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.