HOYA 24mm M42 LENS FOR SALE

Anstonian

Link Posted 07/10/2020 - 11:13

I have this lens for sale. In very good condition, both case and lens.
It is off a Practica body and just needs a good home. I believe it will fit earlier Pentax SLR cameras.

Anybody interested please make me an offer. Post and pack will be about 5 I think but will confirm after offer received.

Thanks

Anstonian

Andrew Goble

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 07/10/2020 - 14:49
I may be interested of it has an A/M (auto/manual) switch for the aperture - can you let me know? Thanks
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Last Edited by Jonathan-Mac on 07/10/2020 - 14:50

Anstonian

Link Posted 07/10/2020 - 15:18
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I may be interested of it has an A/M (auto/manual) switch for the aperture - can you let me know? Thanks

Hi. This does not have an auto/manual switch. As far as I can see it is manual only. Works on digital with an adapter but again, manual only.
Thanks
Anstonian
Andrew Goble

Anstonian

Link Posted 10/10/2020 - 13:57
Should have mentioned that this lens comes with an M42 to K mount adapter
Andrew Goble

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 14:18
Are you sure?

M42 lenses without the A/M switch are usually auto only, not manual only, meaning that the aperture will only close down when the rear pin is depressed. Manual-only would mean that the aperture stopped down as soon as the aperture ring is turned, which is maybe the way that some very old M42 lenses worked as I think the stop-down pin was added a bit later.

Some adapters press the rear pin in so that the lens is always in manual mode, but the genuine Asahi Pentax adapters (which are the ones I have) don't do that.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Anstonian

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 14:53
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
Are you sure?

M42 lenses without the A/M switch are usually auto only, not manual only, meaning that the aperture will only close down when the rear pin is depressed. Manual-only would mean that the aperture stopped down as soon as the aperture ring is turned, which is maybe the way that some very old M42 lenses worked as I think the stop-down pin was added a bit later.

Some adapters press the rear pin in so that the lens is always in manual mode, but the genuine Asahi Pentax adapters (which are the ones I have) don't do that.

To be quite honest I really don't know much about this lens. There is a pin on the screw thread face. The rear pin does not get depressed with the adapter I have. I acquired it from somebody who thought it would be of interest to me, being keen on photography. It seems to be fully manual. You have to set the focus, the f stop etc. Too much of a faff for me I'm afraid. So I thought I would offer it on here where there maybe someone who knows exactly what it is and could use it themselves. You can just see the rear pin on this very poor photograph.

Andrew Goble

smc

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 17:08
Andrew, the terminology is confusing with M42 lenses. When people refer to a manual M42 lens it means the aperture is stopped down manually usually via a button on the lens as opposed to the camera stopping down the aperture as the shutter is tripped when taking a photo. You have the latter - a lens stopped down to the taking aperture by the camera as you take the photo, as opposed to having to do it yourself before taking a photo. It looks like a nice lens but will need the appropriate body or an adaptor that pushes the pin in to make it useful for digital.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.