How to annoy an entire forum

greynolds999

Link Posted 24/07/2012 - 22:22
Just saw this interesting article on the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18966277

Read the third paragraph and prepare your bile!
My Photobucket

johnriley

Link Posted 24/07/2012 - 23:37
I don't feel annoyed, it doesn't really mean anything, it's just incomplete reporting.
Best regards, John

japers45

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 06:01
I don't think Pentax would come under the description of "big camera maker", the other brands mentioned sell more than Pentax I would think. No mention of Samsung either. The Q and K-01 are niche products and the article is focussed on cameras with a broad appeal.

I didn't know that I needed a large lens to capture shots of "children running around" though?! That's where I'm going wrong perhaps. I'll get myself a Bigma for my sons 7th birthday party next year.

paulgee20

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 07:07
Nothing to 'prepare your bile for'!!

AS JR says nothing more than incomplete reporting, quite typical of todays Media as a whole.
K5's (2)both gripped, K10d gripped, Pentax 28-90 f3.5, Sigma 18-250mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Sigma 10-20 f.4-5.6.EX DC, Hoya 135 f2.8, Take on 28mm f2.8 Pentax AF360 flash, 2 fill in slaves. 30 metre remote release, Rt angle viewfinder, Giotto NOT 3261B Tripod with Manfrotto 808Rd4 ball head, Manfroto 4861RC2 monopoly, shoulder stock, various filters etc, Panasonic SET HBS HD Video cam, Tamrac Explorer 8x backpack and a sore back.....
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......

Paul

:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index http://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20

Hardgravity

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 08:36
johnriley wrote:
I don't feel annoyed, it doesn't really mean anything, it's just incomplete reporting.

Shouldn't incomplete read incompetent John?

All this article does is show how the big electronic companies, one in particular, are trying to take over the world.

But unlike the Borg resistance to them is not futile.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

greynolds999

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 09:10
Hmm.... Very (pleasantly) surprising. There was a time such an omission would have caused large numbers of forumites to rage. Perhaps everyone is calmer now the sun is out (even in Edinburgh today).
My Photobucket

Mike-P

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 09:13
Maybe everyone has finally come to terms with the fact Pentax is not a major player but just a decent brand in a very competitive market.
. My Flickr

cabstar

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 09:54
Why do the BBC promote certain brands like thus, they do exactly the same with apple products.

I would consider it a free advert for canon...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Mike-P

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 09:58
greynolds999 wrote:
Hmm.... Very (pleasantly) surprising. There was a time such an omission would have caused large numbers of forumites to rage. Perhaps everyone is calmer now the sun is out (even in Edinburgh today).

cabstar wrote:
Why do the BBC promote certain brands like thus, they do exactly the same with apple products.

I would consider it a free advert for canon...

Ok so it's still not that warm in Grimsby
. My Flickr

Algernon

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 10:00
You would have thought that Aunty Beeb would have at least
put a link to this

Pentax_Product_Show

Like it!

-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

K10D

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 10:21
Algernon wrote:
You would have thought that Aunty Beeb would have at least
put a link to this

Pentax_Product_Show

Like it!

-

Yet when I posted a link to scantily clad girls promoting cameras in Russia, including Pentax, it was met by disdain. Maybe the members have more open minds these days?

Best regards

greynolds999

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 10:25
Yes but this includes half naked men too, so that's equality!
My Photobucket

Stuey

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 12:22
I was going to read that link until Gareth kindly pointed out the half naked men content which has saved me from it
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 13:41
Great to see some himbos alongside the bimbos. Tacky approach to marketing though.

But about the BBC article, it strikes me that most forumites would agree Pentax don't have a serious mirrorless competitor. Given the bile heaped on the K01 and Q.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

johnriley

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 13:48
There hasn't been much bile from the intended markets though, where the appeal appears to be very strong.

Once we actually get down to using these cameras, they are actually pretty good. They might well soften up the market for others that follow, hopefully more Pentax ones but also no doubt other marques as well.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.