jules

Link Posted 30/06/2017 - 08:51
Nowt special, just trying them oot!
All handheld, five axis is the future!

Last one Aira force

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

HarisF1

Link Posted 30/06/2017 - 09:09
Hi Jules, these are excellent pics.

Since I've picked up a KP I would like to ask whether you carry any other lenses in addition to the 20-40. I would probably look towards using the Ltd and the FA77 (or a DA70 as a replacement for the FA) as a two lens lightweight kit.

Cheers.

jules

Link Posted 30/06/2017 - 10:20
currently carrying a 12-24mm F4 and a Da× 50-135 F2.8. Going forward I'm adding a Da 15mm F4 Limited and likely the Da70mm F2.4 Limited to put in a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover or something like that.
I'll be keeping the two zooms as I'm waiting to see if an upgraded K3 turns up. If not or if it's daft money, I'll be getting a K1 but I'd like to stay APSC if possible.
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
Last Edited by jules on 30/06/2017 - 10:21

wvbarnes

Link Posted 30/06/2017 - 12:21
Nice set Jules, The lusher the location the less available light of course.

I particularly like the last of Aira Force. What settings please? I've been very impressed with improved SR on my K3 II. I need to tripod test the composite modes for slowing down water too.

Pena

Link Posted 30/06/2017 - 15:32
Loving all the green!

jules

Link Posted 30/06/2017 - 22:35
wvbarnes wrote:
Nice set Jules, The lusher the location the less available light of course.

I particularly like the last of Aira Force. What settings please? I've been very impressed with improved SR on my K3 II. I need to tripod test the composite modes for slowing down water too.

Hi Bill from memory, I was using HDR auto set to two stops over and two stops under, F11 and shutter speeds ranging between 1/30th of a second down to 1/4 of a second at ISO 200, the Aira force shot was at a quarter of a second handheld. The use of HDR auto gives just enough to keep the highlights in check without blocking the blacks too much, it results in a very "flat" file but it can take a ton of manipulation if you want to. I haven't done too much with the other HDR modes as I feel that they are just "too much" as a baseline.
I can vouch that to my mind the KP's SR is better again, Still Re-getting used to all the compositing modes too but I seem to remeber the averaging to be great in a nine shot exposure, almost as good as using an ND filter. These modes are absent on the Fuji's and they are just so useful for landscape, can't be ignored any longer, my Fuji kit has now bought the farm and what little is left is being disposed of as we speak!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

tyronet2000

Link Posted 01/07/2017 - 16:07
Like these and there was more water flowing in Aira Force than when I was there. Makes a change from being rained off though
Regards
Stan

PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.