Hi, from the UK and USA

Marat

Link Posted 01/07/2014 - 20:52
Thought I would say hi, been around for a while but never a member, I am split between here in the mighty fine England and South Carolina in the USA.

I am about to turn semi pro with Pentax cameras which is almost unheard of in the US, but here in the UK I think it's even worse, so I am one of the few that is going to go against the flow.

Also can someone explain how I buy from the classifieds, as cannot message which is strange. But I am sure I will learn as time passes.

By the way my names Jim but everybody calls me JB.

davem

Link Posted 01/07/2014 - 21:27
Welcome Marat/JB/ Jim,

You will be able to pm after a short period I think its a few days.

However you can comment on the classified forum and ask the seller to pm you as you are new. Once that is done you can pm direct.

Enjoy yourself on the forum. There are a few people on the forum who run photography businesses using Pentax systems.

Dave

LennyBloke

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 08:02
Welcome JB - nothing wrong with going against the flow
LennyBloke

Algernon

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 10:06
Welcome JB.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Special_Fried_Rice

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 18:50
Hi JB,

I've just arrived in the US. Flew into LA, now waiting to connect up to Mineta in San Josť.

Wrong side of the country for you but I will be across there in Myrtle Beach followed by Savannah on the Georgia border.

Yes, I have the same problem about messaging, a ridiculous setting, one or two days maybe to stop drive-by spam. A month that is TWEE. A pity that I cannot get some location advice from you - which restaurants to visit, bars where I can have a good drink and a bit of fun without getting banned.

Must remember to visit Frys whilst I am here - always worth checking out. Going to te pool now, then for a massage followed by a trip to Chloe's Bar tonight, not much is barred there either.
死了嗎?有一個在油炸,素食豆腐的部分更多的生命!

Marat

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 19:40
Hi, SFR.

I am based in Myrtle Beach, When are you there? As sure we can meet up, I am off the Carolina Park Highway so fairly central, as for nightlife I am a stuck in my ways type of guy, it's either House of Blues for some fantastic dining and live music or The Bowery which will be a wild night but yea got to luv wild country.

Also try Ocean boulevard or Beach drive that tends to be where it happens on a night time.

I am not sure about this barred thing? I am of an age where I am only barred from watching what I want to on my own tv or my kids rooms.

Yes Frys is the place if you are interested in anything computers, only time we use them is for repair.

Also thanks to the few who have said Hi.
Last Edited by Marat on 02/07/2014 - 19:42

Stuey

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 22:44
Hello and Welcome
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

fritzthedog

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 22:46
Welcome Jim - despite appearances to the contrary - we are generally a friendly bunch - just aren't as many of us around as there used to be at the moment.

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

davidstorm

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 22:46
Welcome to the site JB, sorry I didn't post a 'welcome' before, but sometimes I just don't notice! I've seen you contributing to a few posts tonight, so this has prompted me to say 'hello'

Cheers
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

richandfleur

Link Posted 02/07/2014 - 23:17
Welcome on board JB

stub

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 10:25
Hi there..Sorry im late..
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Special_Fried_Rice

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 19:15
Marat wrote:
Hi, SFR.

I am based in Myrtle Beach, When are you there? As sure we can meet up, I am off the Carolina Park Highway so fairly central, as for nightlife I am a stuck in my ways type of guy, it's either House of Blues for some fantastic dining and live music or The Bowery which will be a wild night but yea got to luv wild country.

Sounds good. Will only be there for a couple of days but can try to meet. Send me an email to a short term account dozy_town_7day@yahoo.com.sg and we can sort something.

Just make sure they are friendly bars.

Does your camera accept SDXC cards - I may have some 128GB Class10/UHC-1 30MB/s you can try.
死了嗎?有一個在油炸,素食豆腐的部分更多的生命!

Marat

Link Posted 03/07/2014 - 19:51
Special_Fried_Rice wrote:
Marat wrote:
Hi, SFR.

Sounds good. Will only be there for a couple of days but can try to meet. Send me an email to a short term account dozy_town_7day@yahoo.com.sg and we can sort something.

Just make sure they are friendly bars.

Does your camera accept SDXC cards - I may have some 128GB Class10/UHC-1 30MB/s you can try.

Email sent

flo1972

Link Posted 06/07/2014 - 14:50
Hi everyone,

I'm a new DSLR owner having used basic cameras for ages but been frustrated by zoom capabilities and clarity. Quite frankly I love my new Pentax K50 but I'm scared of it!!! I don't have the foggiest idea how to use it properly (I've been using a Panasonic Lumix FZ28 up until now). I carry it as if its made of egg shells and keep wraping it back up like a baby in its case! Can anyone give me a total novice guide to getting started? The manual is 100's of pages long!

Thanks in advance...

Tracy

punkrockemo

Link Posted 06/07/2014 - 21:52
Hello Tracy

No need to be scared of your camera. Is there anything in specific that want to know. You may get more responses by creating your own introductory thread, people are always willing to give advice.

I used to have Panasonic FZ38 before getting a Pentax DSLR (im using the K30 which is very similar to K50) so have a experience with the change you have made.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.